BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists to bring evidence-based learning to professionals everywhere. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like Genentech, Mars, LinkedIn, and Workday. Let’s build together!
BetterUp is hiring a Director, Member Marketing to join our Marketing organization, reporting to the Head of Strategic Projects. You will be supporting our members’ needs and encourage new member behaviors and engagement. You will be a champion of the member across the full organization and will build and implement strategies to increase member lifetime value while working cross-functionally with Technology, Product, and Sales. This role requires a leader who is highly entrepreneurial and strategic — comfortable with both hands-on executional work and big picture thinking.
- Inspire the cross-functional team to create the best member experience by giving our members more of what they want, when and where they want it throughout their journey with BetterUp.
- Work cross-functionally, partnering with Technology, Data, Creative, Operations, Sales, and Marketing teams to execute on strategies that drive retention, activation, and long-term customer value
- Comfortable storytelling to sell in new projects and ideas; ensure leadership and cross- functional partners are aware of and bought into new marketing initiatives
- Champion new pilots and projects across the totality of the member experience
- Refine program KPIs, manage performance and reporting, ultimately using data and insights to refine the member experience
- Be the voice of the BU member as we build personalized, real-time journeys across all stages of the lifecycle to retain and engage members
- Conduct message testing and research to gain insights that can be used to optimize member marketing efforts
If you have some or all of the following please apply:
- Experience with omnichannel marketing, open to brand or agency experience
- A passion for mental health
- Proven experience building and maintaining cross-functional relationships at every level of the organization
- Proven experience with CRM, audience segmentation, personalization, outlining customer journeys and omnichannel activation
- Ability and desire to challenge the status quo by creating and driving innovation
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage, implement and analyze a wide range of initiatives in a fast-paced environment
- Organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to disseminate ideas and findings to varying groups/levels of stakeholders
- Analytical and thoughtful – excited about testing new ideas and work towards validating results
- Strong interest in using data to derive insights to build a strategy that ultimately solves a business problem
Benefits: At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Full coverage for medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, STD and LTD insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- 13 paid holidays
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.