At BetterUp, we give people the coaching, support, and push they need to reach peak performance and unlock their limitless potential, in all they do, personally and professionally. We work with world-class experts and Coaches, pioneer innovative technology, and foster human touch at scale to fuel the BetterUp experience, and make growth and development achievable for all. We believe that practicing strong mental fitness is a never-ending practice of maintaining and building the strengths that proceed health, happiness, and success.
And we’re looking to build out a diverse and ambitious team of go-getters to join us as we grow. Exciting opportunities lie ahead, as well as work that makes a real difference — not only in the lives of others, but for your own personal and professional growth, too. Join us as we continue to bring BetterUp to more people everywhere, and create impactful change for our members and for you.
Our team’s mission is to build and foster a world-class coaching community to drive a personalized and transformational experience for our members. As a Senior Business Operations Associate, you possess a unique blend of systems management, vendor management, operational process building, and customer service. This is a perfect role for a strong problem solver who loves navigating ambiguity, can isolate the single most important unit of value, and can drive outsized business results needed to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
You will excel in this role if you enjoy being deeply embedded in the business, have a bias towards action, and drive initiatives that positively impact our partners and coaches and result in greater member outcomes.
What you'll do:
- Manage and optimize systems that power the end-to-end coach experience, and drive value across the entire BetterUp ecosystem.
- Work cross-functionally with coach enablement, customer care, and product/engineering to create delightful and streamlined coach experiences and operational workflows.
- Manage vendor relationships, holding quarterly business reviews, and influencing vendor strategy and product roadmap.
- Identify new ways to efficiently and effectively solve business problems and unlock strategic value for BetterUp through cutting-edge technology and vendor partnerships.
- Scale operational processes through streamlined workflows, improved reporting, and dashboarding.
- Work autonomously in an ambiguous environment, seeking to understand business problems, automation limitations, and scaling factors.
- Masterfully influence, collaborate and communicate across functional teams, including regular engagement with coaches, coach enablement team, systems team, and product/engineering.
- Use data to proactively identify and address issues or bottlenecks in system workflows and processes.
- Establish and improve performance metrics related to systems and vendor implementation.
- Identify and implement improvements across various coach systems with an eye towards operational efficiency and a delightful coach experience.
- Support critical functional and company initiatives by driving various tasks and initiatives, working collaboratively across functions, and regularly engaging with coaches.
- Systems-thinker: ability to think critically, break down complex problems, and connect dots across the entire BetterUp ecosystem.
- Problem Solver: proven ability to quickly ID and communicate issues and formulate potential solutions.
- Executor: ability to consistently meet timelines and operate from a sense of urgency, even through ambiguity or changing business needs.
- Process junkie: ability to take ownership of and master an existing process, think critically about ways to make it even better.
- Scale - Be a systems-thinker and build the infrastructure (dashboards, processes, and workflows) that powers the end-to-end launch operations, and lays the foundation for future growth and scale.
- Data oriented decision making: be comfortable with data and have the ability to analyze, measure, track and report out on impact
- Customer Service Mentality: familiarity with / background in customer service -- proactive communication skills and dedication to rapid and complete resolution is a must.
- Be Agile - has the ability to juggle multiple priorities and shift based on business needs
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- Experience as an entrepreneur creating, building and scaling systems
- 5+ years of professional experience in operations, project management,
- Strong general management skills and entrepreneurial mindset with an uncanny bias towards action
- Strong execution skills, ability to consistently meet timelines, exceed expectations and operate from a sense of urgency, even through ambiguity or changing business needs.
- Experience owning a process or system; ability to master an existing process and think critically about ways to make it even better.
- Strong analytical abilities and ability to drive operational improvements through data oriented decision making
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – can collaborate with and communicate findings and recommendations to both technical and non-technical leadership audiences
- Proven ability to quickly climb new learning curves, communicate issues and formulate potential solutions.
- A sincere, collaborative, and empathetic personality characterized by a strong inclination to be part of a team of doers
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.