At BetterUp, we give people the coaching, support, and push they need to reach peak performance and unlock their limitless potential, in all they do, personally and professionally. We work with world-class experts and Coaches, pioneer innovative technology, and foster human touch at scale to fuel the BetterUp experience, and make growth and development achievable for all. We believe that practicing strong mental fitness is a never-ending practice of maintaining and building the strengths that proceed health, happiness, and success.
And we’re looking to build out a diverse and ambitious team of go-getters to join us as we grow. Exciting opportunities lie ahead, as well as work that makes a real difference — not only in the lives of others, but for your own personal and professional growth, too. Join us as we continue to bring BetterUp to more people everywhere, and create impactful change for our members and for you.
As we continue to scale, we are building out our launch management team to help ensure our innovative products are able to effectively reach customers. We are looking for a launch manager to join our team to focus on managing and driving execution plans to bring products to market. In this role, you will own the schedule from kickoff to launch, coordinating the product development schedules and check-ins with all internal stakeholders, holding cross-functional teams accountable for deliverables, and ensuring a product is on track for a successful launch. Additionally, you will clearly communicate potential project issues, breakdown next steps with key stakeholders and recommend solutions to mitigate risk.
As a program manager, you own the launch schedule and have strong ownership to see that tasks are completed on time and in full. You will be able to prioritize effectively in a dynamic environment, adjust and offer solutions that re-aligns teams on existing or a new set of deliverables. If a pivot is needed, you will navigate through the downstream impacts and analyze risk / reward quickly. Communication (verbal and written) are key components to success in this role and being able to listen and quickly translate next steps for cross-functional teams will be important during collaboration.
What you'll do:
- Build, maintain, and communicate product launch plans and track the deliverables, milestones, risks and dependencies from the cross functional launch team. Anticipate bottlenecks, explore contingencies and provide escalation management throughout new and existing product launches.
- Establish and develop relationships with Product Managements, Sales, Deployment, Customer Success, and Customer Care early in the launch process and utilize these relationships to develop strategic partnerships throughout launch.
- Hold regular Launch Readiness Meetings with program stakeholders, executive management, and coordinate stakeholder support for these meetings. Own and execute the communication plans, tracking dates, and publishing notes and action items to team members.
- Understand the scope and operational requirements and impacts of all cross functional teams for each launch.
- Maintain a calendar of future launches, communicating and educating the launch process out to the operational stakeholders.
- Evaluate and improve current processes to avoid project delays, bottlenecks and communication gaps.
- Advocate for all stakeholders throughout the release cycle to ensure they have the support needed to succeed.
- Organize cross functional launch retrospectives to incorporate lessons learned into future launch plans.
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- Bachelors degree in a Technical Field (Engineering/Mathematics/Science)
- 5+ years of experience in project/program management launching complex software projects with multiple stakeholders with demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional teams toward task completion.
- Product lifecycle management experience across product and Go-to-Market functions with knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Prior launch management experience.
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to motivate and influence teams outside of your direct purview.
- Start-up experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong data analytical skills and proven experience developing and using tools to analyze large data sets to drive decisions.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Naturally curious and willing to dive deep to find solutions.
- Ability to handle several tasks and juggle multiple priorities.
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.