BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists to bring evidence-based learning to professionals everywhere. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like Airbnb, Genentech, Mars, LinkedIn, and Workday. Let’s build together!
We’re looking for a driven site reliability engineer who cares deeply about their craft, and who wants to use their skills to bring about positive change in the world while working in a high-performing organization using modern approaches. Someone who is comfortable in the rapidly changing nature of a startup environment but also adept at moving relentlessly forward: doing what needs to be done to unblock projects that truly deliver value to our users. At BetterUp we delight in supporting and pushing each other to bring out the best in our colleagues and would love someone to join the team who shares our passions for empathy, excellence, and continuous improvement. We also deeply understand that a key to peak performance is balance, and our culture is focused on providing the support our people need to be able to bring their whole selves to bear in service of our mission.
- Site Reliability Engineer - Collaborate with members of the engineering team to prioritize service level objectives (SLO) and find sustainable methods for monitoring, managing, and scaling our Federal platforms and services.
- Lean and Agile Owner - Collaborate with cross-functional teams to distill and synthesize non-functional requirements into discreet and meaningful iterations that can be quickly implemented. Leverage Lean Startup and Agile methodologies along with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment infrastructure to rapidly prototype and validate ideas.
- Operational Maintainer - As an SRE, you will be responsible for managing the on-call rotation for the engineering squad. It is expected that when not actively triaging or responding to an incident, that you will spend the balance of your time building process, procedures, and technology that result in service level indicators (SLI) that align with our service level objectives.
- Problem Solver - Be ready, willing, and able to dive into logs, statsd, and other various platform telemetries to identify potential performance, scale, and stability issues before they become bottlenecks.
If you have a majority or all of the following please apply:
- 5+ years engineering experience, at least part of which is in a startup environment
- Recent and relevant experience with the FedRAMP ATO process
- Alignment with BetterUp mission of enabling self-driven behavior change
- Succeeded in a remote work environment
- Willingness to participate in a 24x7x365 on-call rotation
- Experience identifying and establishing meaningful service level indicators and objectives
- Experienced in Agile product development processes (SCRUM, Kanban, Lean Startup, etc)
- Advanced level experience with Infrastructure as Code (e.g, Terraform, CloudFormation) technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Impressive track record of maintaining a high bar of quality, stability, and availability
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Full coverage for medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, STD and LTD insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- 13 paid holidays
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.