At BetterUp, we give people the coaching, support, and push they need to reach peak performance and unlock their limitless potential, in all they do, personally and professionally. We work with world-class experts and Coaches, pioneer innovative technology, and foster human touch at scale to fuel the BetterUp experience, and make growth and development achievable for all. We believe that practicing strong mental fitness is a never-ending practice of maintaining and building the strengths that proceed health, happiness, and success.
And we’re looking to build out a diverse and ambitious team of go-getters to join us as we grow. Exciting opportunities lie ahead, as well as work that makes a real difference — not only in the lives of others, but for your own personal and professional growth, too. Join us as we continue to bring BetterUp to more people everywhere, and create impactful change for our members and for you.
Come build the future of data at BetterUp! We are looking for an experienced Sr. Data Scientist to join our team. At BetterUp we believe that data is critical to our success. If you are passionate about helping people reach their potential, thrive in a fast paced startup environment where you get to build the future, and enjoy driving the business forward with data, then this is the role for you.
What you'll do:
- Be an embedded analyst on the Direct to Consumer product squad and serve to help them drive product growth through a deeper understanding of our members
- Partner closely with data engineering to design new data models that serve to provide data on each part critical part of the experience
- Be the owner of all direct to consumer data models to ensure they stay accurate as our product changes, and ensure they remain easy to understand
- Build meaningful dashboards for the team to utilize
- Conduct data deep dives to continue to learn new truths about the member experience. Present your findings to the squad with key recommendations on next steps
- Help drive A/B testing strategy including design, and measurement
- Create statistical models to forecast, predict and optimize the member experience
- Translate complex results to non-technical audiences and help use data to inform the product strategy
- Evangelize data through educating the business on how to self serve, help them understand what the data is and isn’t saying and work with them to help them bring your insights into action
- Build strong relationships with other analysts to ensure we leverage each other's learnings and research
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- 5-7 years of experience programming with SQL, LookML, and Python / R
- Statistical modeling
- 5-7 years of experience in product analytics analyzing consumer / subscription data for a B2C company
- The ability to translate complex results into strategic recommendation (both written and verbal)
- A self starter that can jump right in and quickly add value
- A natural ability to think like an owner
- A strong desire to be a builder of something new rather than someone that maintains something that was previously built
- Previous experience is Looker and Amplitude
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.