At BetterUp, we give people the coaching, support, and push they need to reach peak performance and unlock their limitless potential, in all they do, personally and professionally. We work with world-class experts and Coaches, pioneer innovative technology, and foster human touch at scale to fuel the BetterUp experience, and make growth and development achievable for all. We believe that practicing strong mental fitness is a never-ending practice of maintaining and building the strengths that proceed health, happiness, and success.
And we’re looking to build out a diverse and ambitious team of go-getters to join us as we grow. Exciting opportunities lie ahead, as well as work that makes a real difference — not only in the lives of others, but for your own personal and professional growth, too. Join us as we continue to bring BetterUp to more people everywhere, and create impactful change for our members and for you.
As a Staff Writer, you will be part of building a compelling blog and content that raises brand awareness and generates leads. You will partner closely with the SEO Content Strategist to create content — including writing blog posts and other articles for our website and social media — that increases traffic to our website as part of our overall SEO strategy. We are looking for a resourceful, experienced Staff Writer who is excited to build a brand identity and voice at a fast-growing, mission-oriented company.
What you'll do:
- Write well-researched, and engaging content, blog articles and landing pages for web publication
- Update existing content for SEO and maintain backlinks to other BU content
- Work collaboratively with editors and campaign managers to ensure each article is delivered to meet the editorial standard and on time
- Conduct keyword and competitor research to ensure article titles and content drive traffic
- Stay current with SEO industry trends and algorithm development to stay within search engine guidelines
- Develop fluency and expertise in topics related to performance, learning and development, HR and talent management, business needs and outcomes
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- Prior experience in content marketing, content growth and SEO writing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous B2B enterprise marketing experience, especially in HR technology
- Experience with website optimization tools and CMS
- Agile self-starter with ability to think prospectively and identify new opportunities
- Strong organizational, time management, and analytical skills
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.