BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists to bring evidence-based learning to professionals everywhere. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like Genentech, Mars, Chevron, Pernod Ricard, ABinBev, and Workday. Let’s build together!
BetterUp has quadrupled its revenue in the last 2 years and is considered one of the top 5 startups in the world in terms of growth and revenue potential. As our SDR Lead, you will bring your experience and talent to iterate on our existing model and help us to establish a world-class SDR function to support our tremendous growth. Ideally, you have done this before in a similar, growth-stage environment (think roughly $60M in annual revenue to hundreds of millions) and you are eager to roll up your sleeves and build.
- Ensure the team BDRs achieve monthly/quarterly quotas on first meetings, pipeline growth and revenue attainment. These First Meeting should convert at or above target rates to qualified stage 2 opportunities to ensure that the sales organization has the activity and pipeline needed to achieve quarterly sales goals
- Implement workflows; tracking, and measurement of all digital marketing assets, campaigns (i.e. nurture), tools, and assessments.
- Hire, train and assimilate new BDRS
- Work jointly with Regional Vice Presidents to strategize, build their pipelines, and achieve territory goals.
- Ensure that inside sales processes are executed consistently and improve continuously.
- Monitor and hold reps accountable to activity-based KPIs
- Track team metrics with periodical reviews, keep records and generate reports on all phases of activities.
- Motivate your team to meet and exceed quotas and objectives
- Coach, develop, and deliver structured training on best practice sales skills, product knowledge, and market dynamics to your team.
- Keep informed on new products, services, and other general information of interest to potential customers.
- Manage the growing BDR team with a metrics-based approach, relying heavily on data to inspire, iterate, and educate inside and outside the team
If you have some or all of the following please apply:
- Impeccable track record leading a BDR team that has overachieved its quota.
- Experience hiring, scaling and building BDR teams in a high growth environment.
- Player-coach skillset to enable, train, and support a growing team to perform at world-class levels. This includes ongoing growth initiatives such as shadowing calls, supporting the build-out of messaging for emails and call scripts, direct feedback and building strong alliances with the sales organization.
- Self-discipline and focus to effectively manage an intense and high volume business; strong time management skills.
- Experience as a data-inspired decision-maker. Should have experience in prospecting software (Groove, Outreach, Sales Loft), Salesforce.com, Domo, call audit software (Chorus, etc).
- Innovative outbound approach, there is no such thing as “that doesn’t work” but rather “let’s try something new (inspired by past experiences, of course).
- Years of experience: 7 years with at least 3 years as a BDR leader
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.