At BetterUp, we give people the coaching, support, and push they need to reach peak performance and unlock their limitless potential, in all they do, personally and professionally. We work with world-class experts and Coaches, pioneer innovative technology, and foster human touch at scale to fuel the BetterUp experience, and make growth and development achievable for all. We believe that practicing strong mental fitness is a never-ending practice of maintaining and building the strengths that proceed health, happiness, and success.
And we’re looking to build out a diverse and ambitious team of go-getters to join us as we grow. Exciting opportunities lie ahead, as well as work that makes a real difference — not only in the lives of others, but for your own personal and professional growth, too. Join us as we continue to bring BetterUp to more people everywhere, and create impactful change for our members and for you.
BetterUp is building out its direct-to-consumer team and is looking for a growth-oriented Senior Copywriter to build and own the direct-to-consumer voice as well as generate content for stress tests across a variety of marketing channels and parts of the funnel, including: email (i.e. nurture campaigns), performance ads, product, and landing page.
This role will entail communicating effectively with the direct-to-consumer growth marketing specialist, acquisition marketing manager, and product team. The Senior Copywriter should be able to execute against multiple channels and parts of the funnel, identify new opportunities, and think analytically while developing the direct-to-consumer voice.
Be prepared to (a) rapidly develop concepts and ideas to test from the ground up and (b) refine our messaging to consumers based on what resonates. You'll operate with a high degree of autonomy, owning the content end-to-end; moving from concept through to publishing; and creating guidelines that will support the communications into the future.
What you'll do:
- Craft the direct-to-consumer voice across marketing channels (with support/direction from the Copy Lead, Content & Brand) and in-product in alignment with company brand - including the core value proposition and messaging
- Rapidly storyboard and stress test growth marketing copy for ads, landing pages, product, and email marketing
- Team up with product design to create content that scales and aligns with overarching creative direction
- Leverage research and insights to ideate and develop new creative concepts for improving marketing and product performance
- Work cross-functionally with the direct-to-consumer product team, growth marketing specialist, and acquisition marketing manager to align on performance marketing and product content
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- 5+ years direct-to-consumer copywriting, or marketing copywriting experience, preferably in a startup environment, editorial experience as well is also a plus
- Experience with writing copy for growth and acquisition (e.g. ads, landing pages, email marketing)
- Familiarity with writing copy for social media vehicles, including Instagram and Facebook
- An appetite for problem-solving in a landscape that changes quickly
- Ability to iterate and change gears quickly, working with different teams and channels in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Ability to translate user research and data into performance marketing content as well as brand language and stories
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.