BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help people everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists to bring evidence-based learning to professionals everywhere. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like Genentech, Mars, LinkedIn, and Workday. Let’s build together!
We’re expanding our footprint to Mexico! This is an exciting opportunity to join BetterUp as we launch our LatAm markets and pave the way for what high technical caliber looks like. We're looking for mid-level to senior-level software engineers - someone who cares deeply about their craft, and who wants to use their skills to bring about positive change in the world while working in a high performing organization using modern software development approaches. Someone who is comfortable in the rapidly changing nature of a startup environment but also adept at moving relentlessly forward: doing what needs to be done to unblock projects that truly deliver value to our users. At BetterUp we delight in supporting and pushing each other to bring out the best in our colleagues, and would love someone to join the team who shares our passions for empathy, excellence, and continuous improvement. We also deeply understand that a key to peak performance is balance, and our culture is focused on providing the support our people need to be able to bring their whole selves to bear in service of our mission.
- Product Engineer: Collaborate with team members and stakeholders to craft consumer grade experiences with an SPA frontend (Ember) and RESTful backend (Ruby on Rails).
- Lean and Agile Owner: Collaborate with cross functional teams to distill and synthesize requirements into discreet and meaningful iterations that can be implemented quickly to facilitate tight feedback loops and learning via data and metrics. Leverage Lean Startup and Agile methodologies along with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment infrastructure to rapidly prototype and validate ideas.
- Operational Maintainer: Build scalable and tolerant systems using container technologies (Docker) and cloud infrastructure (Heroku, AWS) as well as internal tooling to accelerate product development cycles.
- Data Spelunker: Answer business questions and influence product roadmap decisions using statistical analysis, ad-hoc reporting, or machine learning algorithms for offline modeling. Enable team members to answer questions with data systems and processes that leverage quantitative and qualitative inputs.
If you have some or all of the following please apply:
- 5+ years relevant experience, at least part of which in a startup environment.
- Alignment with BetterUp mission of enabling self-driven behavior change.
- Succeeded in a remote work environment.
- Frontline maintainer of "production" consumer application (volume, support, debugging).
- Strong experience with automated testing patterns.
- Ruby on Rails, Ember.js, Gitflow, Docker.
- Experienced in Agile product development processes (SCRUM, Kanban, Lean Startup, etc).
- Expert in current web technologies (HTTP, REST, Web Sockets, etc).
- Strong verbal and written communication.
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.