At BetterUp, we give people the coaching, support, and push they need to reach peak performance and unlock their limitless potential, in all they do, personally and professionally. We work with world-class experts and Coaches, pioneer innovative technology, and foster human touch at scale to fuel the BetterUp experience, and make growth and development achievable for all. We believe that practicing strong mental fitness is a never-ending practice of maintaining and building the strengths that proceed health, happiness, and success.
And we’re looking to build out a diverse and ambitious team of go-getters to join us as we grow. Exciting opportunities lie ahead, as well as work that makes a real difference — not only in the lives of others, but for your own personal and professional growth, too. Join us as we continue to bring BetterUp to more people everywhere, and create impactful change for our members and for you.
We’re looking for a full-time Art Director to join our growing creative team. As a critical part of our small but mighty team, you’ll help elevate our brand by leading a small team of designers and developers, creating forward-thinking designs, engaging digital experiences, and contributing to our vibrant, diverse culture. You’ll play a large part in our mission to make positive change in the world, and transform how people think and live.
What you'll do:
- Create compelling, innovative, best-in-class stories, campaigns, visual concepts, and digital experiences that drive business growth and propel our brand forward.
- Partner across the disciplines of brand, design, digital, strategy, and demand generation, you’ll lead the development of provocative, impactful campaign ideas, and foster them from concept through execution.
- Lead, inspire, and manage a small team of designers and developers by communicating a vision for the project, as well as involving key stakeholders at the optimal levels, to ensure all deliverables are of the highest quality.
- Work in an independent fashion, solve problems, make informed decisions, and communicate effectively in high-pace situations and while managing multiple projects.
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- You have an incredible portfolio of brand, marketing, and design work demonstrating strong conceptual thinking, a passion for design, and extensive experience bringing holistic brand ideas to life across a variety of channels.
- 7-10 years of experience in-house or at creative agencies, working across digital, traditional media, and brand.
- You are equally comfortable leading, aligning, and inspiring others as you are with doing design work yourself (you’ll need to be hands-on).
- You’re a risk taker when it comes to design. You push past the obvious. You strive to make work that you love and experiences that help people live more meaningful, fulfilling lives.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments. You have a detail-oriented and strategic approach to work, and possess strong time management and interpersonal skills.
- You are highly collaborative, organized, and kind, with a desire to think differently about what advertising, branding, and content can be.
- You possess a cultural curiosity that keeps you on the pulse of emerging technology, art forms, and entertainment.
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.