At BetterUp, we give people the coaching, support, and push they need to reach peak performance and unlock their limitless potential, in all they do, personally and professionally. We work with world-class experts and Coaches, pioneer innovative technology, and foster human touch at scale to fuel the BetterUp experience, and make growth and development achievable for all. We believe that practicing strong mental fitness is a never-ending practice of maintaining and building the strengths that proceed health, happiness, and success.
And we’re looking to build out a diverse and ambitious team of go-getters to join us as we grow. Exciting opportunities lie ahead, as well as work that makes a real difference — not only in the lives of others, but for your own personal and professional growth, too. Join us as we continue to bring BetterUp to more people everywhere, and create impactful change for our members and for you.
As our Head of Engineering, you’ll be leading our technical expansion into Canada. We are looking for someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit, technically advanced, and will be a strong leader for the team they will build out in the Canadian provinces. This is a highly collaborative leadership role for someone who wants to build an engineering team from the ground up in an entirely new market. You will play a key role in establishing and executing our technical strategy, focused on delivering software experiences defined by craftsmanship and delight.
What you'll do:
- Recruit, hire, and develop a world-class remote-first engineering team in Canada
- Build strong organizational cultures focused on growth, innovation, and fostering creativity
- Lead agile software processes for engineering team (Kanban/Scrum/Lean)
- Work directly with our product, design and operations functions to define and refine product and engineering roadmap to drive business value and impact
- Optimize and evolve engineering best practices and processes
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- Passion for impacting human performance and well-being at the intersection of technology and behavioral science.
- 10 years minimum software development experience
- Proven leadership skills and strong oral and written communication
- Experience with startups and remote-first teams, launching new engineering teams globally is a plus
- Expertise in agile software development processes (Kanban/SCRUM/Lean principles)
- Ruthless prioritization and ability to deliver maximum impact with minimal effort
- Familiar with Continuous Deployment operations (Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and Feature Toggles)
- Deep understanding of SaaS/PaaS cloud architectures (AWS)
- Self-directed and comfortable working in ambiguous environments
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.