At BetterUp, we give people the coaching, support, and push they need to reach peak performance and unlock their limitless potential, in all they do, personally and professionally. We work with world-class experts and Coaches, pioneer innovative technology, and foster human touch at scale to fuel the BetterUp experience, and make growth and development achievable for all. We believe that practicing strong mental fitness is a never-ending practice of maintaining and building the strengths that proceed health, happiness, and success.
And we’re looking to build out a diverse and ambitious team of go-getters to join us as we grow. Exciting opportunities lie ahead, as well as work that makes a real difference — not only in the lives of others, but for your own personal and professional growth, too. Join us as we continue to bring BetterUp to more people everywhere, and create impactful change for our members and for you.
We are looking for a Technical Recruiter (mid-level OR senior) to be our first boots on the ground recruiting presence in Canada. We are scaling our Engineering teams and this person will be working directly with our CTO and Engineering Leaders to find the best technical talent! If you love to build from scratch and add meaningful value through growth, this role will be an absolutely exciting opportunity! We are looking for a go-getter, visionary, and true partner to our recruiting team here in the US as we go international!
What you'll do:
- Launch the Canadian markets with engineering talent through key partnerships, strategy, and recruitment
- Driving recruiting best practices and process asynchronous to recruiting high caliber engineers
- Build top of funnel through creative partnerships and sourcing strategies
- Manage senior level stakeholders: manager level and above (Directors, VPs, and CTO)
- Executing on DEI sourcing and assessment practices for engineering organization
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- 3+ years of recruiting, agency and in-house preferred
- Experience with applicant tracking systems, LinkedIn Recruiter, boolean, creative sourcing, etc
- Ability to pull and generate reporting and insights for stakeholders on health of pipeline
- Ability to manage and run pipeline syncs
- Experience closing candidates, speaking on equity, and selling total compensation packages
- Experience negotiating and pitching candidates against competing offers and companies
- Strong stakeholder management capabilities - strong verbal and written communications
- Strong foundation of recruiting data and ability to problem solve
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.