At BetterUp, we give people the coaching, support, and push they need to reach peak performance and unlock their limitless potential, in all they do, personally and professionally. We work with world-class experts and Coaches, pioneer innovative technology, and foster human touch at scale to fuel the BetterUp experience, and make growth and development achievable for all. We believe that practicing strong mental fitness is a never-ending practice of maintaining and building the strengths that proceed health, happiness, and success.
And we’re looking to build out a diverse and ambitious team of go-getters to join us as we grow. Exciting opportunities lie ahead, as well as work that makes a real difference — not only in the lives of others, but for your own personal and professional growth, too. Join us as we continue to bring BetterUp to more people everywhere, and create impactful change for our members and for you.
BetterUp has quadrupled its revenue in the last 2 years and is considered one of the top 5 startups in the world in terms of growth and revenue potential. We are looking for someone who could continue to drive our growth trajectory by expanding our success in Europe.
Account Managers engage with C-suite and VP level executives at global enterprise companies to drive renewal and expansion for a set of named enterprise accounts. Account Managers are quota-carrying reps responsible for the account strategy and growth. They are expected to build rapport with senior level executives, and challenge them to gain new insights and understanding about organizational transformation.
Successful BetterUp AM’s build meaningful relationships with senior executives, providing valuable expertise in topics of talent development and strategy, setting a clear vision and plan for mutual success, and achieving growth targets that are created specifically for each book of business. This person will bring to the team relationship mastery, executive presence, leadership skills, and experience consulting senior stakeholders within complex organizations on ground-breaking and rapidly developing talent management challenges.
At BetterUp you’ll have an opportunity to work in an exciting culture, surrounded by talented, motivated and intellectually stimulating colleagues who thrive on helping executives to solve their most pressing business challenges.
What you'll do:
Drive Account Strategy and Growth:
- Develop account strategy in close conversation with customer executives and BetterUp leadership.
- Own expansion and renewal for 10-20 named accounts.
- Develop new relationships in strategic accounts through prospecting and networking.
- Lead commercial conversations with customers, ensuring end to end success of the contracting process.
Generate and Nurture Enduring Customer Relationships:
- Navigate complex, matrixed organizations and identify champions internally.
- Consult and coach executives on talent and HR strategy and demonstrate how BetterUp aligns to our customer’s business objectives.
- Serve as an expert on the customer to make informed recommendations about their business and culture.
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- Senior level account management or client management experience.
- Experience with consistently exceeding renewal and expansion quota.
- Experience with expanding a company into a new region.
- Successful previous experience building and maintaining positive and mutually beneficial relationships with external customers and internal stakeholders.
- Track record of bringing fresh, successful, and cutting edge ideas to your teams and clients.
- Ultimate player mindset; always looking to motivate your team and cross-functional teams with zest, an ownership mentality, and playfulness.
- Plus: HR, HCM, and/or Talent Management SaaS product selling experience.
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.