At BetterUp, we give people the coaching, support, and push they need to reach peak performance and unlock their limitless potential, in all they do, personally and professionally. We work with world-class experts and Coaches, pioneer innovative technology, and foster human touch at scale to fuel the BetterUp experience, and make growth and development achievable for all. We believe that practicing strong mental fitness is a never-ending practice of maintaining and building the strengths that proceed health, happiness, and success.
And we’re looking to build out a diverse and ambitious team of go-getters to join us as we grow. Exciting opportunities lie ahead, as well as work that makes a real difference — not only in the lives of others, but for your own personal and professional growth, too. Join us as we continue to bring BetterUp to more people everywhere, and create impactful change for our members and for you.
BetterUp is looking for a “Cloud IAM Manager” that will build our Identity and Access Management (IAM) processes from the ground up. As the Cloud IAM Manager you will ensure that our internal customers have the best experience possible as consumers of our security services within BetterUp. You will define and automate processes, ensuring that our security, monitoring and response is best in the class. The Cloud IAM Manager is a member of our Office of Information Security that is led by the Head of Information Security. You will be responsible for administering access to systems that are part of our Corporate infrastructure. You will work in cross-functional teams of Information Security, Product, Engineering, Customer Support, and 3rd-party vendors. You’ll partner and work with every employee at BetterUp!
What you'll do:
- Build, and maintain the best in class infrastructure and service related to Cloud Identity and Access Management (IAM). The person in this role will be tasked with working closely with our MSP (Managed Service Provider) as well as evaluating the services provided and determine the contract renewal.
- Build out an escalation process; managing ticket queues and set priorities for the Cloud IAM services.
- Evaluate existing methods and recommend scalable solutions for improving our Zero Trust Framework.
- Follow industry-standard security best practices to keep employee data and BetterUp intellectual property safe and secure.
- Expand, and maintain BetterUp’s identity and access management.
- Document configuration guides, run-books, installation guides, troubleshooting guides required for BetterUp’s identity and access management.
- Collaborate with various teams for security operations and incident response, as required.
- Troubleshoot related issues with teams within BetterUp as required.
- Conduct Proof of Concepts for solutions and technologies required for Cloud IAM.
- Work closely with our 3rd-party vendors as required.
- Ensure all employees have access to the resources required to do their jobs while balancing security practices to make sure private data stays private, by partnering with the Director of Privacy and Head of Information Security as needed.
- Oversee Cloud IAM projects in alignment with Security and organization goals.
If you have any or some of the following, please apply:
- 7 plus years’ progressively responsible to managing user access in fast moving SaaS environment such as start-ups.
- 3 plus years’ progressively responsible for securing identity and access for highly distributed workforce in 100% cloud / SaaS environment.
- 3 plus years’ progressively responsible for securing one of the FedRAMP, FISMA, NIST 800-171, or HIPAA systems.
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills are a must.
- Excellent at building and managing relationships across teams.
- Excellent in creating detailed documentation and knowledge share materials.
- History of project managing company-wide rollout of new technology and processes.
- Vendor management experience.
- 7 plus years hands-on experience with cloud Identity and Access Management (IDM) technologies such as Azure, Okta, SailPoint, Google, Centrify, etc.
- 7 plus years hands on experience managing unified directory in Cloud using Okta, Google, LDAP, etc.
- 5 plus years hands-on experience managing device identities and certificates including lifecycle management
- 5 plus years hands on experience with SCIM connectors & JSON Identity suites.
- 5 plus years hands-on experience configuring, administration, troubleshoot and support MFA technologies such as Azure, Okta, Google, YubiKey, Titan, etc.
- 3 plus years hands-on experience automating workflows for onboarding, off-boarding, provisioning and de-provisioning by leveraging HR as a master such as WorkDay, SuccessFactor.
- 3 plus years hands-on experience automating and managing device authentication for android, iOS and Windows devices using technologies such as Jamf Pro, Azure.
- 3 plus years hands-on experience with PIV, OAuth 2, FIDO and OIDC 2.0.
- 3 plus years hands-on experience using Java / Python for IAM and related API calls.
Preferred Additional Experience:
- 3 plus years architecting and building cloud-based Identity Solutions.
- 3 plus years hands-on experience enabling and managing Zero Trust Framework.
- 3 plus years with credentials management technologies such as, HashiCorp, etc.
- 3 plus years enabling and managing Microsoft’s Red Forest Architecture or similar is highly desirable.
- Experience with Security Gateway and Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB).
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.