At BetterUp, we give people the coaching, support, and push they need to reach peak performance and unlock their limitless potential, in all they do, personally and professionally. We work with world-class experts and Coaches, pioneer innovative technology, and foster human touch at scale to fuel the BetterUp experience, and make growth and development achievable for all. We believe that practicing strong mental fitness is a never-ending practice of maintaining and building the strengths that proceed health, happiness, and success.
And we’re looking to build out a diverse and ambitious team of go-getters to join us as we grow. Exciting opportunities lie ahead, as well as work that makes a real difference — not only in the lives of others, but for your own personal and professional growth, too. Join us as we continue to bring BetterUp to more people everywhere, and create impactful change for our members and for you.
BetterUp has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and hands-on Facilities professional to lead our Facilities function, develop strategies, and processes for the successful running of our facilities, and create a safe and efficient work environment at all our locations. The Facilities Manager will partner and collaborate across teams to ensure our facility supports our rapidly growing organization. This position requires high energy, commitment to excellence, strong leadership skills, and a successful track record in facilities management.
What you'll do:
- Build relationships with management, peers, employees, vendors and contractors to effectively maintain and support BetterUp’s facility needs as the primary point of contact
- Own all aspects of the daily operations of the Austin office, and our satellite hubs throughout the US
- Lead strategy acquisition and planning efforts for new office locations both domestic and international
- Oversee vendor management, project planning, office operational support, coordinating office requirements for space planning, furniture procurement, IT, security, onboarding new hires, and other cross-functional projects.
- Work closely with the Workplace team, People Ops, Finance, IT & Security team, and employees to understand the goals, objectives, and focus areas to create a world-class onsite and remote experience.
- Select, manage, and/or develop vendors to manage service schedules, repair and maintenance issues, etc.
- Prepare and maintain facilities budgets, monitor spending, and keep projects, including Tenant Improvements, on time and within budget.
- Develop and implement a return-to-work plan to provide a flexible environment that supports hoteling, remote working, and an optimal onsite workplace experience.
- Act as a resource and subject matter expert sharing industry expertise, best practices, and thought leadership.
- Ensure compliance with administrative, legal and regulatory requirements of all governmental and accrediting agencies as they relate to facilities, maintenance and safety
- Develop, maintain, and train employees on safety procedures
- Occasional travel between facilities, and new offices as they come online is required
If you have some or any of the following, please apply:
- 3+ years leading and developing staff to improve Facilities activities and developing appropriate strategies and processes to effectively achieve business requirements.
- 6+ years of experience running a Multi-office global environment, with emphasis on Facilities management, buildout strategy, lease negotiation, compliance, vendor and contractor management
- Well-organized, high attention to detail, deadline oriented and self-motivated
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Facilities Management, Project Management or other related discipline.
- Knowledge of office and building regulations and laws, including COVID-19 workplace strategies
- Strong problem-solving, communication, and negotiation skills with the ability to gather data, assess situations and quickly develop solutions with a strong analytical/financial aptitude
- Highly collaborative team-player approach to business with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence others. You are able to build bridges and set a high bar of trust through consistent and forward-thinking communication.
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Experience with Project Planning tools and Microsoft Office products: Outlook, PowerPoint; Excel, Word
- Experience in high-tech companies and/or engineering industry preferred
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.