At BetterUp, we give people the coaching, support, and push they need to reach peak performance and unlock their limitless potential, in all they do, personally and professionally. We work with world-class experts and Coaches, pioneer innovative technology, and foster human touch at scale to fuel the BetterUp experience, and make growth and development achievable for all. We believe that practicing strong mental fitness is a never-ending practice of maintaining and building the strengths that proceed health, happiness, and success.
And we’re looking to build out a diverse and ambitious team of go-getters to join us as we grow. Exciting opportunities lie ahead, as well as work that makes a real difference — not only in the lives of others, but for your own personal and professional growth, too. Join us as we continue to bring BetterUp to more people everywhere, and create impactful change for our members and for you.
BetterUp is currently seeking a Coach Ethics Lead to play a pivotal role in scaling our coaching ethics strategy as we seek to lead the practice of virtual professional coaching. Working closely with the Clinical Care Director, you will fine tune our coach ethics playbooks and shape our coach ethical standards as our company grows. You will also work cross functionally in order to mitigate ethical risk and cultivate a culture of ethics throughout our operations, product, design, and go-to-market teams, and contribute to the growing literature on evidence-based, culturally competent coaching. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for ethical tech and preventative mental healthcare, deep clinical expertise and coaching experience, and be knowledgeable around coaching and digital health ethics.
What you'll do:
- Continuously level up our standards of excellence in coaching by staying on top of industry trends, standards, and evidence-based theory tied to the ethical practice of coaching
- Regularly maintain, evaluate, and revise our Coach Ethical Guidelines to ensure they remain effective and relevant
- Build out a comprehensive coach ethics playbook to improve our decision making and efficiency at scale
- Disseminate frameworks and clear guidance and provide in depth consultation cross-functionally to tech, product, design, operations, and GTM teams, as well as to our coach community and partners, to embed a culture of high quality coaching ethics across the organization
- Collaborate and work closely with key stakeholders, including our legal, operations, customer support, coach enablement, HR, and leadership teams, to improve our coaching ethical standards and processes
- Prepare white papers, journal articles, and presentations that advance the field of coaching ethics in technology
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- You have an advanced degree in psychology or a related field (Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Counseling or Clinical Psychology from an APA accredited doctoral program preferred)
- Hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice as a clinician in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or the District of Columbia
- 8+ years experience practicing clinical care utilizing evidence-based approaches and assessment methods to a variety of patient populations
- Demonstrated experience related to ethics within organizations (e.g. running an ethics committee, crisis training and experience, publications or training experiences related to ethics)
- Entrepreneurial mindset, comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Leadership experience (e.g. running a group clinic, managing a team, or leading a committee in a previous role)
- Familiarity with coaching ethics and ICF standards, professional coaching experience a plus
- Experience working in digital health environment a plus
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.