At BetterUp, we give people the coaching, support, and push they need to reach peak performance and unlock their limitless potential, in all they do, personally and professionally. We work with world-class experts and Coaches, pioneer innovative technology, and foster human touch at scale to fuel the BetterUp experience, and make growth and development achievable for all. We believe that practicing strong mental fitness is a never-ending practice of maintaining and building the strengths that proceed health, happiness, and success.
And we’re looking to build out a diverse and ambitious team of go-getters to join us as we grow. Exciting opportunities lie ahead, as well as work that makes a real difference — not only in the lives of others, but for your own personal and professional growth, too. Join us as we continue to bring BetterUp to more people everywhere, and create impactful change for our members and for you.
As an Agile Coach you will unblock and accelerate the velocity of experimentation through product discovery and delivery of cross-functional product squads within a team composed of product design, product management, behavioral science, and engineering functions.
This is an excellent role for someone who wants to immerse themselves in and rapidly contribute to a fast-paced, scrappy, startup environment. At BetterUp you’ll work side by side with talented, motivated, and stimulating colleagues who thrive on helping organizations solve pressing business challenges using scalable, leading-edge technologies and drawing on uncommonly authentic and rich data sources relating to growth and development.
What you'll do:
- Evolve Agile software development practices to meet the needs of remote-first, highly cross-functional and collaborative teams, grounded in the principles of the Agile manifesto and influenced by various agile frameworks.
- Coach and enable teams with processes, best practices, and tooling to achieve sustainable peak performance with the least amount of process necessary.
- Effective coaching with curiosity and questioning. Willingness to challenge the status quo.
- Remove impediments to optimize velocity, and optimize for impact on customer and business outcomes.
- Managing forecast of team capacity and portfolio product roadmap.
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- 5+ years as an agile coach, scrum master, etc.
- Demonstrated success deploying agile in non-agile or young-agile teams/companies, coaching and enabling high performing agile teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Organization and discipline.
- Focus on results over process.
- Effective modern Product discovery and delivery practices.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Technical competencies: Jira, Ruby on Rails, SQL.
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.