Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
BetterUp is currently seeking high-energy, enterprise sales professionals who possess a deep understanding of business, the federal government, a healthy intellectual curiosity, and a proven track record of exceeding past sales targets.
BetterUp Account Executives (AE) engage with decision-makers & executives within the Federal Government to generate new business revenue. AEs are quota-carrying reps responsible for the full sales cycle. They are expected to build rapport with senior-level Government executives, advising them on best practice solutions, and strategically manage the sales opportunity using a consultative sales approach to present solutions mapped to BetterUp offerings.
Successful BetterUp AE’s are goal-oriented, driven professionals who are passionate about helping others realize their full potential through professional development, enterprise learning, and positive psychology.
At BetterUp you’ll have an opportunity to work in an exciting culture, surrounded by talented, motivated, and intellectually stimulating colleagues who thrive on helping executives to solve their most pressing business challenges.
What you'll do:
- Manage multiple Government opportunities through the entire cycle simultaneously, working with cross-functional teams as necessary, and serve as the primary customer contact for all adoption-related activities.
- Lead senior Government decision-makers into purchasing and deploying BetterUp through a consultative sales approach.
- Work with multiple acquisition program decision-makers to create demand in the agency as you leverage the buying cycle.
- Execute a consultative sales methodology.
- Proactively prospect, network, create the need, and build a pipeline.
- Create and execute on a minimum of 11 first meetings per month.
If you have some or all of the following please apply:
- Minimum 7 years of sales experience (with 5+ years of quota carrying, large enterprise software sales experience) within the Federal government vertical
- Track record of over-achieving (top 10-20% of the company)
- 4-year college degree required / advanced degree is a plus
- Familiarity with the Federal human resources function and HR consulting space is a huge asset- selling to CHRO/CLO/CFO is preferred
- Prior sales methodology training (Challenger Sale preferred)
- An unrelenting drive to learn, succeed and lead by example
- Exceptional presentation, written and verbal communication skills, empathy, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Technically savvy (familiarity with sales automation tools) and specifically skilled using Salesforce.com to manage sales cycles
- Process-driven, meticulously organized, and self-motivated
- Ability to adapt and iterate on your sales motion as you navigate a startup selling environment
- Attention to creating agreements with prospects to build a project plan and represent that outcome via strong forecasting cadence
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Workdays (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.