At BetterUp, we give people the coaching, support, and push they need to reach peak performance and unlock their limitless potential, in all they do, personally and professionally. We work with world-class experts and Coaches, pioneer innovative technology, and foster human touch at scale to fuel the BetterUp experience, and make growth and development achievable for all. We believe that practicing strong mental fitness is a never-ending practice of maintaining and building the strengths that proceed health, happiness, and success.
And we’re looking to build out a diverse and ambitious team of go-getters to join us as we grow. Exciting opportunities lie ahead, as well as work that makes a real difference — not only in the lives of others, but for your own personal and professional growth, too. Join us as we continue to bring BetterUp to more people everywhere, and create impactful change for our members and for you.
The Director of Customer Value is a highly strategic, collaborative role that combines the competencies of enterprise go-to-market strategy with the value-based selling principles from strategy consulting.
This individual will be responsible for gaining a comprehensive understanding of our current sales and customer challenges in order to align BetterUp capabilities with the customer's goals Specifically, this means quantifying the tangible business value that we create for our customers and creating innovative selling tools by creating and evangelizing value metrics and KPIs to quantify the impact of the BetterUp platform. You will be responsible for arming our entire go-to-market organization to have consultative conversations with CXOs that clearly communicate BetterUp’s value proposition for their specific business.
What you'll do:
- Partner closely with our CEO, CMO, and CRO to ensure our enterprise sales team is are successfully telling compelling narratives about the value BetterUp is creating for client’s strategic objectives.
- Leverage data to quantify the strategic value of BetterUp’s offering by identifying relevant metrics and KPIs to build a strong case for business value
- Determine the 5 metrics to prove the efficacy of BetterUp from the customer perspective and articulate how BetterUp can impact those 5 metrics for a customer from an operational perspective.
- Work with our Solution Consultant team to conduct studies quantifying customer outcomes
- Validate messaging is aligned with customer value themes, incorporate customer specific data points and findings, and review for consistency and completeness of messaging
- Build scalable processes to teach current and future sales and account management teams best practices aroundValue Management, including integration into the sales cycle
- Build a knowledge base to support future sales efforts, including a library of reusable value assets, including case examples and customer stories
- Help define and implement long term strategy and operating model for BetterUps Value Management function
- Some travel required when the COVID-19 situation permits (approximately monthly)
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.