Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
As a Data Engineer at BetterUp, you will be joining a small team responsible for the data systems that power everything from operational efficiency of the business, to personalized product experiences, to cutting-edge behavioral research and organizational analytics. You will be responsible for the end-to-end implementation of the data stack from collection to reporting, with a focus on infrastructure and technical processes. You will be directly responsible for working with stakeholders around the business to ensure their data needs are met, define data strategies, implement data systems, and help infuse data into transformational experiences. In general, you will be responsible for understanding problems intimately, crafting a technical strategy to address problems, and facilitating high-quality technical execution.
- Data Unifier: Architect, assemble, assimilate, clean, and conform large, complex datasets to deliver business insights and power product experiences
- Data Advocate: Weave data into decision-making and drive cross-functional data-oriented approaches and solutions
- Data Protector: Design and build reliable, scalable data infrastructure with leading privacy and security techniques to safeguard data
- Data Builder: Own the end-to-end data stack including event collection, data governance, data integrations, and modeling
- Data Custodian: Ensure consistency and quality through metrics, documentation, processes, data testing, and training
If you have some or all of the following please apply:
- Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related Engineering field preferred
- 10+ years relevant experience, at least part of which in a startup environment
- Experience with analytic databases (e.g. Snowflake)
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and experience with relational databases
- Hands-on experience developing data pipelines. We use (e.g. dbt, Airflow, Stitch Data / Singer specs)
- Hands-on experience with event streams and stream processing (e.g. Kafka, Spark, Data Bricks, Segment)
- Decoupling transactional or source systems from business intelligence reporting (e.g. dimensional modeling)
- Experience with creating high-quality, fast services and projects in Python
- Experience with modern business intelligence and product reporting tools (e.g. Looker, Periscope)
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.