BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists to bring evidence-based learning to professionals everywhere. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like Airbnb, Genentech, Mars, LinkedIn, and Workday. Let’s build together!
The Mid-Market Sales Leader is the front-line manager to a team of Account Executives. The leadership style that works best here is one that sets up people for success and then gets out of their way. Leaders are here to enable the AEs to achieve their full potential, without blockers. Blockers may be training, information, tools, or other skill. Your job is to remove those blockers and unlock the greatness within each team member. This leader can be located anywhere, but would ideally be within a BetterUp office in SF, Phoenix, NYC, or Washington DC.
- Lead and inspire a team of 8 Mid-Market Account Executives calling on companies between 1k and 5k employees
- Coach and assist each AE in effectively managing their territory to achieve quota
- Personally engage with buyers in higher-profile deals, providing the extra attention to foster partnership
- Provide development and performance management to each member of the team
- Encourage experimentation and proactively share successes with the rest of the team
- Working alongside Account Executives by participating and leading in client / prospect meetings to increase pipeline velocity
- Accountable to measuring weekly pipeline development activities tied to monthly pipeline targets
- Leading and coordinating weekly forecast and pipeline review meetings
- Communicating and establishing expectations for weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts and closed deals
- Mentoring and development of sales team which includes recruiting, hiring and training new Account Executives on the sales process
- Reporting on sales activity, pipeline development and forecast to the BetterUp leadership team
If you have some or all of the following please apply:
- 5+ Leadership experience in a SAAS, startup, or human-capital-focused space
- Successful track record of success in a sales capacity as an individual contributor
- Experience selling to, or managing a team selling to, Mid-Market sized companies
- Demonstrated passion for coaching, development, and/or human flourishment
- Current or former team members which have believed so much in your leadership that they’ve followed you to subsequent team(s)
- Experience facilitating the success of Account Executives with very different styles / approaches to sales (be ready to tell us about them)
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Full coverage for medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid time off
- Per year:
- 14 paid annual holidays
- 5 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.