BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists to bring evidence-based learning to professionals everywhere. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like Airbnb, Genentech, Mars, LinkedIn, and Workday. Let’s build together!
At BetterUp, we believe it takes two people to develop great leaders: an individual who's ready for new challenges and a world class coach. Our innovative approach helps employees at all levels in their organization find more meaning and satisfaction in their roles to do their best work.
The Director of Account Management contributes to the mission of BetterUp by driving value for our customers through strategic partnership and alignment with Fortune 1,000 customers. This person will manage a book of business and drive renewal and expansion for a set of named enterprise accounts. The Director of Account Management will set the account strategy for our customers and challenge senior leaders to gain new insights about organizational transformation. They will deeply understand our customer’s business and articulate BetterUp’s value and impact based on the customer’s specific needs and objectives. They will use their expertise in HR and talent to coach and consult senior leaders. Success in this role includes building meaningful relationships with senior executives, providing valuable expertise in topics of talent development and strategy, setting a clear vision and plan for mutual success, and achieving growth targets, created specifically for each book of business.
This person will bring to the team consultative sales excellence, relationship mastery, executive presence, leadership skills, expertise in HR or talent, and experience consulting senior stakeholders within complex organizations on complex and rapidly developing talent management challenges.
Drive Account Strategy and Growth
- Develop account strategy in close conversation with customer executives and BetterUp leadership.
- Own expansion and renewal for 10-20 named accounts on the East Coast.
- Develop new relationships in strategic accounts through prospecting and networking.
- Lead commercial conversations with customers, ensuring end to end success of contracting process.
Generate and Nurture Enduring Customer Relationships
- Navigate complex, matrixed organizations and identify champions internally.
- Consult and coach executives on talent and HR strategy and demonstrate how BetterUp aligns to our customer’s business objectives.
- Serve as an expert on the customer to make informed recommendations about their business and culture.
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Full coverage for medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid time off
- Per year:
- 14 paid annual holidays
- 5 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.