BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like Airbnb, Genentech, Mars, LinkedIn and Workday.
BetterUp is currently seeking a Content Strategist to join our Partner Enablement team. The mission of this team is to deliver delightful and insightful material that helps our partner-facing teammates communicate the value of BetterUp and guide Partners through their journey with us. This is a new function at BetterUp and the Content Strategist will play a critical role in building out the function. The Content Strategist will primarily be responsible for creating, coordinating, and planning content in support of the post-sales team’s conversations with our partners. Storytelling, detail-orientation, research, data insights, strategic written communication are the core skills exercised in this role.
- Create dynamic and engaging materials that help our team lead strategic conversations and share results and insights with our Partners.
- Help stand-up and scale an end-to-end process for building out key meeting materials on behalf of our Customer Relationship Managers.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Customer Relationship Managers, the Deployment Management team, and Senior Behavioral Scientists to pull in research, data and coaching insights to integrate into Partner narratives.
- Evaluate effectiveness and propose adjustments to help scale and streamline our process for creating the content, and make the content/experience more delightful and impactful for our partners.
- Understand key trends in content needs to help turn market positioning, messaging and product capabilities into partner-specific content.
- Manage and help curate the Partner Enablement content repository ensuring all information is easily and readily available.
If you have some or all of the following please apply:
- A Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree
- 3-5 years working in consulting, content management, or sales enablement function—B2B or SaaS company preferred
- Experience developing narrative-based content—presentations, interactive exercises, leave-behinds—with an understanding of the basic tenets and architecture of storytelling
- A reputation for craftsmanship and user-centered thinking
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills – must have both a curiosity and the skills to analyze and make meaning out of data and translate data into insights and recommendations
- Excellent program management, planning, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Passion for coaching, learning, education, behavioral sciences or other fields that lead to human well-being
We provide amazing benefits, but if you ask the team, they’ll tell you that the greatest benefit we offer employees is an incredibly meaningful mission and transformative work.
- Full coverage medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited use, at your own discretion, vacation policy
- 14 paid annual holidays
- 5 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 “Volunteer Days” to give back
- Professional development through BetterUp coaching for you and a significant other
- 401(k) self contribution
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.