BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like LinkedIn, Facebook, Salesforce, Capital One, Deloitte, and Logitech.
Responsibilities and expectations
- Data product engineer - Build and deploy machine learning models into production designed for operational excellence and rapid iteration/optimization.
- Data storyteller - Effectively deliver analysis, insights, and recommendations to answer cross-functional business questions with clearly communicated artifacts using statistical analysis, ad-hoc reporting, etc.
- Applied behavioral scientist - Advance the understanding of behavior change and interventions by measuring quantitative and qualitative signals across a breadth of psychographic signals.
- Act as an owner - It’s not done until it’s in production. Adept at moving projects forward and able to unblock projects regardless of role on the project.
- Do less, deliver more - Familiar with the terms YAGNI and yak shaving? Focus your efforts on high impact initiatives that really move the needle.
- Impress yourself - We hold ourselves to quality above and beyond something that “just gets it done”. Each line of code is an opportunity to blend craftsmanship with playfulness.
- Collaborate without ego - Willing to take on roles small or large in order to further the mission at hand.
- Stay on your edge - Continuously learning and applying emerging technologies. Pushing yourself and your team to new heights.
- Practice imagination - Hypothesize meaningful questions and dive into data to uncover insights.
- 5+ years of relevant experience, at least part of which in a startup environment
- 2+ years in a leadership role
- Alignment with BetterUp mission of enabling behavior change
- Succeeded in a remote work environment
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Impressive portfolio (patents, publications, Kaggle profile, etc)
- Expertise with Python data analysis and machine learning libraries (Numpy, tensorflow, etc)
- Experience with advanced machine learning architectures and models (NLP, Deep learning, etc)
- Effective analytical presentation skills using living Jupyter notebooks and static presentation formats
- Efficient database modeling and cleaning techniques (SQL)
We provide amazing benefits, but if you ask the team, they’ll tell you that the greatest benefit we offer employees is an incredibly meaningful mission and transformative work.
- Full coverage medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited use, at your own discretion, vacation policy
- 14 paid annual holidays
- 5 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 “Volunteer Days” to give back
- Professional development through BetterUp coaching for you and a significant other
- 401(k) self contribution
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.