BetterUp is looking for an Information Security Operations Manager that will build our Security Operations processes from the ground up. As the SecOps Manager you will ensure that our internal customers have the best experience possible as consumers of security services within BetterUp. You will define and automate processes, ensuring our security operations, monitoring and response is best in the class. You will be responsible for administering systems used by Information Security, working closely with Head of Information Security, Product, Engineering, Customer Support, and 3rd-party vendors. You’ll partner and work with every employee at BetterUp!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Build, and maintain the best in class infrastructure and service related to Information Security Operations. The person in this role will be tasked with working closely with our MSP (Managed Service Provider) as well as evaluating the services provided and determine the contract renewal.
- Build out an escalation process; managing ticket queues and set priorities for the Security Operations.
- Evaluate existing methods and recommend scalable solutions for Security and Incident Response.
- Follow industry-standard security best practices to keep employee data and BetterUp intellectual property safe and secure.
- Research and investigate security events and logs to identify false positive and to take the required actions.
- Collaborate with various teams for security operations and incident response, as required.
- Troubleshoot related issues with teams within BetterUp as required.
- Conduct Proof of Concepts for solutions and technologies required for Security operations.
- Work closely with 3rd-party vendors for all systems IT manages for the purposes of troubleshooting and integration.
- Ensure all employees have access to the resources required to do their jobs while balancing security practices to make sure private data stays private, partnering with the Director of Privacy and Head of Information Security as needed.
- Oversee Security projects in alignment with organization goals.
What you bring:
- 7+ years’ progressively responsible Security Operations experience in fast moving environment such as start-ups.
- 3+ years’ progressively responsible for security research and incident response.
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills are a must.
- History of project managing company-wide rollout of new technology and security operations.
- Vendor management experience.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds and configure under-desk cables as needed, including frequent bending, reaching, kneeling, and climbing stairs.
- 5+ years hands-on experience with security operation in a 100% Cloud Environment that includes Firewalls, End Point Security, Proxies, WAFs, Vulnerability Management, Patch Management, WiFi, etc.
- 3+ years hands on experience with opensource tools such as Security Monkey, Scout2, HubCommander, Security Onion, Suricata, Nessus, Kali Linux, etc.
- 3+ years of hands on experience with cloud security automation with ability to deliver innovative solutions that balance cybersecurity and business needs.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience performing detailed research, stitch, and analyze security alerts from various components such as EndPoints protection tools, networking devices, firewalls, Google and various SaaS applications, to identify the root cause and to take the required actions.
- 2+ years managing with Cyber Incident Response Teams.
- Experience managing laptops and Mobile devices in OS X and Windows environments.
Preferred Additional Experience:
- 3+ years hands-on experience with SIEM solutions such as ELK X-pack, Exabeam, Splunk, etc., is highly desirable.
- Experience managing Security Operations resources, budgets and return on investment analysis.
- Experience with Security Gateway and Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB).
- Experience enabling Zero Trust Framework.