BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like Airbnb, Genentech, Mars, LinkedIn and Workday.
BetterUp is looking for an exceptional individual who is mission driven, team oriented, with a strong strategic mindset to join our team as our FP&A Manager, Sales Finance. You will be a key contributor to the financial operations of our rapidly growing company. This position will provide financial reporting and analytical support at BetterUp. This role will focus heavily on business partnering and will be responsible for leading our sales planning and analysis while partnering with sales leadership to optimize our sales growth engine. To be successful in this role, you must be a “roll-up your sleeves” type of professional that is eager to get deep into the details of data, dynamics, and processes, to bring back insight through efficient and smart analysis. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-funded, rapidly growing company in a newly created role. This will be a challenging and fulfilling role for those who want to make an impact in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. You’ll be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partnering with sales operations and marketing on sales pipeline and forecasting reporting and analysis
- Quota capacity planning and analysis understanding the various performance and attainment KPIs
- Drive the sales compensation plan process and design in partnership with sales leadership, sales operations, and HR
- Own the annual planning and monthly forecasting cycles for sales incentive compensation expense in order to predict cost outcomes at various levels of sales performance
- Build a scalable and efficient sales commissions process while installing consistent reporting and analysis each month
- Be a strong Accounting partner around required P&L and commission accruals
- Providing financial support for key strategic and operational projects
- Analyzes financial results versus forecast, plan including prior year, while investigating variances, assessing risk and providing leadership with expected outlook
- Attention to detail and ability to synthesize large volumes of data into summarized presentations/management views.
- Ad-hoc analysis as required
- BS/BA (Accounting or Finance major preferred) with 5-7 years in financial planning & analysis roles in a high-growth environment with increasing levels of responsibility, and demonstrated leadership capabilities and confidence in decision-making
- Previous experience directly supporting a sales and marketing organization
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze financial statements and schedules to identify trends
- Excellent researching and problem-solving skills
- Strong Excel skills are a requirement
- Demonstrated ability to partner with and support a sales organization
- MBA, CPA, and/or experience with forecasting and planning software a plus
We provide amazing benefits, but if you ask the team, they’ll tell you that the greatest benefit we offer employees is an incredibly meaningful mission and transformative work.
- Full coverage medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited use, at your own discretion, vacation policy
- 14 paid annual holidays
- 5 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 “Volunteer Days” to give back
- Professional development through BetterUp coaching for you and a significant other
- 401(k) self contribution
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.