At BetterUp, we give people the coaching, support, and push they need to reach peak performance and unlock their limitless potential, in all they do, personally and professionally. We work with world-class experts and Coaches, pioneer innovative technology, and foster human touch at scale to fuel the BetterUp experience, and make growth and development achievable for all. We believe that practicing strong mental fitness is a never-ending practice of maintaining and building the strengths that proceed health, happiness, and success.
And we’re looking to build out a diverse and ambitious team of go-getters to join us as we grow. Exciting opportunities lie ahead, as well as work that makes a real difference — not only in the lives of others, but for your own personal and professional growth, too. Join us as we continue to bring BetterUp to more people everywhere, and create impactful change for our members and for you.
BetterUp is looking for an IT Manager that will build our IT processes from the ground up. As the IT Manager you will ensure that our internal customers have the best experience possible as consumers of technology within BetterUp. You will define and automate processes, ensuring our internal staff have access to the resources they need while ensuring that information is properly secured. You will be responsible for administering systems used by internal employees, working closely with 3rd-party vendors used for IT infrastructure, and automating the onboarding and offboarding processes with manager self-service. You’ll work with every employee at BetterUp!
What you'll do:
- Manage, develop a strategy, and maintain best in class IT infrastructure and customer service. The person in this role will be tasked with managing our MSP (Managed Service Provider) as well as evaluating the services provided and determine the contract renewal.
- Build and maintain IT and Security service for user EndPoints and Devices used in the FedRAMP environment
- Evaluate existing support methods and recommend scalable solutions for end user support.
- Own all end user on-boarding, off-boarding, provisioning, de-provisioning, and support.
- Own internal business applications as well as being responsible for all integrations and management of all internal applications.
- Maintain and improve company wide network and data infrastructure.
- Follow industry-standard security best practices to keep employee data and BetterUp intellectual property safe and secure.
- Research and investigate security events and logs to identify false positive and to take the required actions.
- Collaborate with various teams for security incident response, as required.
- Troubleshoot vendor-related issues with teams within BetterUp and work with teams in BetterUp to integrate vendor software into our systems into internal infrastructure.
- Work closely with 3rd-party vendors for all systems IT manages for the purposes of troubleshooting and integration.
- Ensure all employees have access to the resources required to do their jobs while balancing security practices to make sure private data stays private, partnering with the Director of Privacy and Head of Information Security as needed:
- Optimize the on-boarding and off-boarding experience through automation wherever possible.
- Manage end user hardware procurement.
- Manage conference room and presentation technology to ensure seamless. experience for remote and local employees.
- Oversee technology projects in alignment with organization goals.
If you have any or some of the following, please apply:
- 7+ years’ progressively responsible for IT in fast moving start-up environment.
- 3+ year progressive experience operating in an FedRAMP, FISMA or HIPAA environments.
- 3+ years’ progressively responsible for security research and incident response.
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills are a must.
- History of project managing company-wide rollout of new technology.
- Vendor management experience.
- 7+ year’ Experience managing Windows, OS X and Linux environments.
- 7+ year’ Experience managing Windows and MAC
- 3+ year’ Hands-on Experience using Azure and Jamf for EndPoint and Device Management
- 3+ year’ Experience managing Directories (such as Azure and LDAP), Users, Group Policies, SSO (using tools such as Google/ Okta / Centrify) and Two factor authentication (using tools such as YubiKey and Google Authenticator).
- 3+ year’ Experience managing Network, VPN and Firewall configuration and End-Point Security tools such as AntiVirus, EndPoint Encryption, Host IDS/IPS, Patching and Mobile Devices.
- 2+ year’ Experience managing and using tools deployed by Cloud Service Provider such as AWS.
- Experience researching security alerts and events from across security layers to identify false positive and actions required.
- Hardware procurement and budgeting management experience.
- Experience managing of Zoom and Slack is highly desirable.
Preferred Additional Experience:
- IT management experience, leading IT helpdesk, site support, and operations functions.
- Experience designing and leading IT resources, budgets and return on investment analysis.
- Experience enabling Zero Trust Framework.
- Experience with Security Gateway and Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB).
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.