BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists. We’re already transforming the way companies approach leadership development at high-performing organizations, such as LinkedIn, Salesforce, Visa, Deloitte, and Logitech. At BetterUp you’ll have an opportunity to work in an exciting culture, surrounded by talented, motivated and intellectually stimulating colleagues who thrive on helping executives to solve their most pressing business challenges.
BetterUp is currently seeking a Program Manager focused on localization of our learning content to join our Programs team. This person is responsible for managing, organizing, and keeping up to date the content in our “Resource Library” and all programmatic content, including written and multimedia content. The Program Manager will work closely with all members of the Programs team and cross-functionally to prioritize and execute the localization of learning content. This person will also create project plans for high priority localization efforts and work with both internal teams and external vendors to ensure timely completion of localization projects.
This is a highly entrepreneurial role that requires an individual with a player mentality, the ability to execute in a scrappy environment, a highly collaborative approach, and the ability to adjust quickly to meet a range of responsibilities. This person must be able to manage a variety of responsibilities while also responding efficiently to shifts in prioritization and the broader business environment. This person is highly organized, a great listener, and methodically navigates an ocean of ambiguity. This person is passionate about nuances in languages and cultures across the world, and is driven by a deep commitment to provide accessible, delightful experiences to our end users, coaches, and partners.
- Lead all localization efforts for learning content at BetterUp, in close coordination with Product, Operations, and Localization teams as well as external vendors
- Develop detailed prioritization list, project plans, timelines for localization projects
- Establish processes and systems to track, organize, and monitor localization projects, ensuring efficient allocation of resources and timely resolution of any problems or obstacles
- Advise Programs and Studios teams at the outset of content development efforts, to ensure that programs and content are developed with foresight about localization considerations
- Ensure that all new content and changes to existing content are localized on a dynamic basis, in all relevant languages
- Create and maintain budgets and resource needs for localization projects
- Take ownership of ad hoc strategic projects on team roadmap from end-to-end, collaborating seamlessly with key stakeholders
- Organizes to win by ensuring that all initiatives involve the right stakeholders and resources to be executed
These are a collection of experiences that we believe make someone successful in this position. If you feel that you have the majority of these or other qualifications that will ensure your success in this role, please apply!
- BA/BS degree from a top tier university
- 5+ years of multi-faceted professional experience in fast-paced work environments with expertise in localization, content management, and project management
- Extensive experience working with translation/transadaptation vendors, to execute end-to-end localization of content, multimedia, websites in regions across the world
- Highly organized and strategic thinker with the ability to prioritize and make decisions with bias towards action
- Builder mindset with ability to navigate ambiguity and lead large scale cross-functional projects involving multiple stakeholders, despite minimal direction and pre-existing process
- Experience working with and managing sophisticated content management systems
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills – must have both a curiosity and the skills to analyze and make meaning out of data and translate data into action
- Passion for coaching, education, behavioral sciences or other fields that lead to human well-being
- Highly Desirable: Experience with transadaptation of assessments, scientific instruments, and surveys
- Nice to Have: Experience in a high-growth startup
We provide amazing benefits, but if you ask the team, they’ll tell you that the greatest benefit we offer employees is an incredibly meaningful mission and transformative work.
- Full coverage medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited use, at your own discretion, vacation policy
- 14 paid annual holidays
- 5 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 “Volunteer Days” to give back
- Professional development through BetterUp coaching for you and a significant other
- 401(k) self contribution
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement