BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like Airbnb, Genentech, Mars, LinkedIn and Workday.
We are seeking a proven, experienced Regional Vice President to lead, build, develop a team of Account Executives. Their charter will be to capture “New Logos” by focusing on the Fortune 2000. At this stage in the growth of our company the “Land” part of our strategy is establishing our footprint in the world’s largest global accounts. To achieve this goal, we are building a “World Class” sales organization that will lead the BetterUp mission of delivering our solution to emerging leaders and reimagining the way people work and live. In the RVP, we look for someone to lead by example and exemplify our values and inspire a team of highly driven account executive to impress themselves on a daily basis. We support teamwork, collaboration and creating a winning spirit across the team that elevates performance.
We are currently over 175 employees and are about to embark on an exciting rapid growth stage of the company. If all of this sounds exciting to you and you would like to be part of that growth, please apply.
- Working alongside Account Executives by participating and leading in client / prospect meetings to increase pipeline velocity.
- Consistent development of sales team by leading and modeling the skills for the first 180 days for all new Account Executives.
- Accountable to measuring weekly pipeline development activities tied to monthly pipeline targets.
- Leading and coordinating weekly forecast and pipeline review meeting.
- Communicating and establishing expectations for weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts and closed deals.
- Mentoring and development of sales team which includes recruiting, hiring and training new Account Executives on the sales process.
- “Model the Way” - leading by example by demonstrating the proper steps to work through the BetterUp sales process.
- Reporting on sales activity, pipeline development and forecast to the BetterUp leadership team.
- Monitoring the weekly sales activity of the team, and tracking results.
- Align and establish clear alignment with BetterUp's Behavioral Science Team.
- Develop local business development plans within each market where AE can establish local events.
This is a collection of skills that we believe would make someone successful in this position. If you feel that you have the majority of these skills or others that will ensure your success in this role, please apply.
- 7+ years of sales management experience combined with a proven track record of success in a similar enterprise HCM environment. Preferably enterprise L&D experience.
- 7+ years of quota carrying sales and experience as an individual contributor. Preferably consultative enterprise L&D sales experience.
- Recent experience managing and closing complex sales-cycles with Fortune 500 accounts.
- Proven success of working within a highly matrixed organization.
- Values/behaviors necessary: Empathy, bringing out the best in others, care for each person, service-oriented leadership.
We provide amazing benefits, but if you ask the team, they’ll tell you that the greatest benefit we offer employees is an incredibly meaningful mission and transformative work.
- Full coverage medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited use, at your own discretion, vacation policy
- 14 paid annual holidays
- 5 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 “Volunteer Days” to give back
- Professional development through BetterUp coaching for you and a significant other
- 401(k) self contribution
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.