Better Place Forests is completely redesigning the end-of-life experience, bringing fresh thinking and a much-needed focus on customer experience to the stale, fragmented and unfriendly end-of-life industry. As part of this effort, we’re building America’s first conservation spreading forests for families and individuals who choose cremation, offering a sustainable alternative to costly traditional burial while tackling a market opportunity >$600B in the U.S. alone.
80% of the 75M baby boomers in the U.S. are choosing cremation but do not have a beautiful, private and permanently-protected place to return their ashes to the earth. Instead of graves and tombstones, Better Place Forests incorporates ashes into the base of beautiful trees in the most iconic locations in North America. Every customer who chooses a tree helps to protect and preserve that forest forever. Through our Impact Tree program, we also plant additional trees to help with reforestation efforts.
With thousands of customers and rapid growth, Better Place Forests is creating a movement that is removing the stigma around end-of-life planning. We’re backed by the investors behind Tesla, Peloton, SpaceX and Blue Bottle and we’ve received national coverage in publications such as The New York Times, Fast Company and Business Insider. To learn more about Better Place Forests, visit www.betterplaceforests.com.
“In a time when conservation is becoming increasingly urgent, it’s rather poetic to protect a tree with your remains, secure in the knowledge that more are being planted in your honor.” - Fast Company
“Tree burial is good for the environment, the location is more beautiful than a traditional graveyard — and it’s cheaper as well.” - The New York Times
This role in a nutshell:
As the Sales Training and Enablement Manager you will be central to Better Place Forests' scaling of the sales organization and our ability to accelerate growth. The goal of this role is to build a machine that efficiently aligns our people, process and priorities with releveant learnings, communications and coaching. You will onboard, train, and perform steady-state training to our growing sales organization by establishing the playbook/s, strategy, and goals to deliver a world-class enablement program. You will need to possess proven experience in the discipline and understand how to orchestrate across departments to deliver meaningful content, training, and coaching by, building trusted relationships that drive results to maximize salesperson effectiveness. You will work daily with Sales Leadership and cross-functionally with other internal key stakeholders to ensure alignment with onboarding, sales training, and sales progression readiness programs.
This position reports into the Senior Vice President of Sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, implement and manage the National Sales Onboarding Program to efficiently and effectively ramp sales new hires across a spectrum of roles and geos.
- Co-Manage the rollout, adoption, of Salesforce CRM with Sales and Marketing Operations, cross-functional facilitators, and technical resources to ensure a smooth implementation, as well as create a communication feedback loop so that all parties and stakeholders receive timely updates on progress of migration from current systems and tools.
- Provide training and reinforcement of best practices for all sales technology.
- Partner with Sales Leadership to identify sales productivity gaps & prioritize work on key initiatives across the various sales teams. Create a SWOT analysis for review.
- Partner with Product and Product Marketing to equip Sales with the most up-to-date product offerings and world-class resources to sell them
- Maintain and update training content in LMS.
- Create a process for feedback, live training exercises, role-play scripts, training guides, etc.
- Establish metrics and objectives for sales enablement and make recommendations for increasing sales productivity and future resourcing.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2 - 4 years of sales training and enablement experience; 5-7 years work experience.
- Excellent training, presentation, and communication skills.
- Experience in managing a roll -out of Salesforce or any equivalent CRM/MAT system within a sales organization
- Experience developing new sales onboarding training, role-plays, wiki pages, online courses, etc.
- Experience in project management, program management and/or change management.
- An aptitude for problem-solving and working cross-functionally with others.
- Able to accomplish specific tasks while seeing the bigger picture.
- Have familiarity with sales cycles and the sales process.
- Bonus points if you have previously served in other sales roles or capacity
- Experience in fast-growth startup environments highly desired
- Ability to travel 20% - 30%.
This is the perfect role for you if you excel at:
- Collaborating cross-functionally and building relationships to inform, shape, and execute upon a successful enablement strategy
- Sales training and coaching salespeople of all levels using active learning techniques
- Understanding the Sales role and priorities, and using this information to deliver a world-class Onboarding and Continuous Enablement program/s
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills in both internal and external contexts
- Developing process guides and training modules for consumption by a broad audience
- Working nimbly in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a commitment to excellence and strong attention to detail
- Being able to prioritize and stay organized while juggling multiple projects, workstreams, and stakeholders