Sales Development Representative
Better Place Forests is completely redesigning the end-of-life experience, bringing fresh thinking and a much-needed focus on customer experience to the stale, fragmented and unfriendly end-of-life industry. As part of this effort, we’re building America’s first conservation spreading forests for families and individuals who choose cremation, offering a sustainable alternative to costly traditional burial while tackling a market opportunity >$600B in the U.S. alone.
80% of the 75M baby boomers in the U.S. are choosing cremation but do not have a beautiful, private and permanently-protected place to return their ashes to the earth. Instead of graves and tombstones, Better Place Forests incorporates ashes into the base of beautiful trees in the most iconic locations in North America. Every customer who chooses a tree helps to protect and preserve that forest forever. Through our Impact Tree program, we also plant additional trees to help with reforestation efforts.
With thousands of customers and rapid growth, Better Place Forests is creating a movement that is removing the stigma around end-of-life planning. We’re backed by the investors behind Tesla, Peloton, SpaceX and Blue Bottle and we’ve received national coverage in publications such as The New York Times, Fast Company and Business Insider. To learn more about Better Place Forests, visit www.betterplaceforests.com.
“In a time when conservation is becoming increasingly urgent, it’s rather poetic to protect a tree with your remains, secure in the knowledge that more are being planted in your honor.” - Fast Company
“Tree burial is good for the environment, the location is more beautiful than a traditional graveyard — and it’s cheaper as well.” - The New York Times
We’re looking for a Sales Development Representative to join part of the sales team.
The ideal candidate loves the idea of being in a fast paced startup environment with a passion for making a difference in the world. You would like to learn from the best, and grow as a sales professional.
The position will be based out of our San Francisco office and will play an integral role in helping build the foundation of our growing sales organization, working closely with the Sales leadership team to execute on our Sales strategy and implementation.
- Respond timely to inbound sales inquiries/leads from prospective clients
- Initiate contact with prospective clients to determine or enhances prospect’s level of interest in Better Place Forests offerings.
- Distill the essence of our service in easy-to-understand terms and communicate to various prospective clients Better Place Forests’ value proposition
- Qualify and nurture leads through well planned and executed efforts with regular communication via phone, email, and text.
- Evaluate prospects against established criteria; route qualified opportunities to the appropriate Account Executive, educating rep as necessary about the opportunity
- Partner with Sales and Marketing counterparts to improve our processes and provide feedback/solutions to problems throughout the sales cycle.
- Manage and track leads using CRM system while maintaining accurate and up-to-date records
- Prioritize competing day-to-day activities to ensure that all management objectives are met
- Consistently achieve goals to ensure company objectives
- 2+ years Lead Qualification and/or Inside Sales experience highly desirable
- Ability to work in a high-energy sales team environment; team player
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills
- Strong work ethic/organizational skills; independent working and decision-making skills
- Experience working with lead scoring and grading systems highly desirable
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Experience with Hubspot or similar CRM systems
- Must possess a growth mindset and desire to learn and lead by example
- The highest level of integrity and empathy
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required
How to reach us:
Overall, our work environment is highly collaborative and transparent - we believe in centralized data and decentralized decision making. We maintain high standards for our own and each other's work and are all deeply committed to the mission - while having fun in the process.