Better Place Forests is completely redesigning the end-of-life experience, bringing fresh thinking and a much-needed focus on customer experience to the stale, fragmented and unfriendly end-of-life industry.
As part of this effort, we’re building America’s first conservation spreading forests for families and individuals who choose cremation, offering a sustainable alternative to costly traditional burial while tackling a market opportunity >$600B in the U.S. alone.
80% of the 75M baby boomers in the U.S. are choosing cremation but do not have a beautiful, private and permanently-protected place to return their ashes to the earth. Instead of graves and tombstones, Better Place Forests incorporates ashes into the base of beautiful trees in the most iconic locations in North America. Every customer who chooses a tree helps to protect and preserve that forest forever. Through our Impact Tree program, we also plant additional trees to help with reforestation efforts.
With thousands of customers and rapid growth, Better Place Forests is creating a movement that is removing the stigma around end-of-life planning. We’re backed by the investors behind Tesla, Peloton, SpaceX and Blue Bottle and we’ve received national coverage in publications such as The New York Times, Fast Company and Business Insider. To learn more about Better Place Forests, visit www.betterplaceforests.com.
“In a time when conservation is becoming increasingly urgent, it’s rather poetic to protect a tree with your remains, secure in the knowledge that more are being planted in your honor.” - Fast Company
“Tree burial is good for the environment, the location is more beautiful than a traditional graveyard — and it’s cheaper as well.” - The New York Times
This role in a nutshell:
The Inside Sales Manager will lead a team of Account Executives and Sales Development Representatives to provide inspiration, coaching and leadership to take the sales team’s performance to the next level while managing to change in a high-growth, dynamic environment.
This position's primary responsibilities will be to own the sales process and pipeline, increase revenue month over month, and increase the conversion rate of sales accepted leads to revenue.
This person will also work closely with Marketing and other cross-functional departments to ensure accurate reporting and efficient processes. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required to identify the business needs of prospects to translate into opportunities across the Better Place Forests product portfolio.
This position will report to the Senior Vice President of Sales Mike Alvarado, former SVP of Sales at The RealReal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hands-on management of Inside Sales Account Executive and Sales Development Representative (Lead Qualification) team members, day-to-day to achieve Better Place Forests Sales goals. Current team 10 expected to be 20+ in 2020.
- Setting expectations and clear objectives for each individual and tracking progress with timely and constructive feedback
- Hire, train, and mentor sales talent to improve their sales and management skills and conversion through all aspects of the sales funnel, including qualifying, and nurturing inbound leads; then converting those leads to sales opportunities.
- Ensure team adheres to Better Place Forests process including scripts, SLAs, CRM updates, etc., developing new efficiencies where needed and promoting best practices
- Motivating and mentoring team members to achieve and exceed expectations through weekly 1:1 meetings, daily huddles, live coaching, creative incentives, and a team-focused mindset
- Collaborate with SVP of Sales to create & implement sales strategies, best practices, and continually strive to improve the effectiveness of the sales organization.
- Communicate and educate the team through daily huddles, weekly trainings and monthly recap sessions designed to ensure cohesion amongst the team.
- Create and execute contests and morale initiatives to improve team performance to meet and exceed acquisition goals.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Marketing, Sales, Success, Care and other teams to achieve company goals.
- Present and communicate daily, weekly and monthly reporting metrics to evaluate progress and identify challenges to drive decision making and performance coaching at a team and individual level. Establish cadence of communication with SVP and Sales Ops Management.
- Anticipate and react quickly to trends and changes in team and individual performance.
- Set work schedule to allow for a balanced team and appropriate coverage
- Maintain a culture where diversity is respected and valued, and foster an inclusive work environment
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in Inside Sales leadership operating a team of 20+ Inside Sales Representatives in a high-velocity inbound sales environment.
- Able to work in a fast paced, startup environment is a must
- Track record of consistently meeting and exceeding both individual and team sales goals.
- Ability to forecast, qualify, and present data effectively
- Ability to work within a CRM/BI and assist in the build out of pipeline and lead reports and dashboards
- Experience hiring and training an Inside Sales organization effectively
- Proven ability to manage and lead a dynamic and diverse sales team with a focus on continually driving improved performance through hands-on, day-to-day management.
- Have the desire to create and try new strategies driving ideas from concept to execution.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail, along with the ability to work inter-departmentally.
- Ability to roll up your sleeves as this is a hands-on position, as well as a strategic one.
- Flexible schedule required (the Inside Sales operation is 7 days/week)