Better Place Forests is completely redesigning the end-of-life experience, bringing fresh thinking and a much-needed focus on customer experience to the stale, fragmented and unfriendly end-of-life industry. As part of this effort, we’re building America’s first conservation spreading forests for families and individuals who choose cremation, offering a sustainable alternative to costly traditional burial while tackling a market opportunity >$600B in the U.S. alone.
80% of the 75M baby boomers in the U.S. are choosing cremation but do not have a beautiful, private and permanently-protected place to return their ashes to the earth. Instead of graves and tombstones, Better Place Forests incorporates ashes into the base of beautiful trees in the most iconic locations in North America. Every customer who chooses a tree helps to protect and preserve that forest forever. Through our Impact Tree program, we also plant additional trees to help with reforestation efforts.
With thousands of customers and rapid growth, Better Place Forests is creating a movement that is removing the stigma around end-of-life planning. We’re backed by the investors behind Tesla, Peloton, SpaceX and Blue Bottle and we’ve received national coverage in publications such as The New York Times, Fast Company and Business Insider. To learn more about Better Place Forests, visitwww.betterplaceforests.com.
“In a time when conservation is becoming increasingly urgent, it’s rather poetic to protect a tree with your remains, secure in the knowledge that more are being planted in your honor.” - Fast Company
“Tree burial is good for the environment, the location is more beautiful than a traditional graveyard — and it’s cheaper as well.” - The New York Times
This role in a nutshell:
The Sales Operations Manager will be our resident sales technology expert and a master of efficiency. They are tasked with improving productivity by evaluating and implementing sales technology. They provide inputs to assist the sales leadership team make data-driven decisions. They will also partner cross-functionally with marketing, finance, operations, and product to enable salespeople.
- Provide input on monthly objectives and work with Sales Leadership to partner with the team to hit key milestones to increase new business and potential add-on business.
- Build and help standardize business reporting for strategic analysis and internal business review
- Develop sales reporting and automation of key performance metrics to help drive revenue and optimize sales efficiency and effectiveness
- Own the process of tracking the sales pipeline and operational metrics and delivering weekly insights to the business; Track stage by stage close ratio & overall funnel performance for sales management.
- Provide recommendations and take actions based on strategic objectives, forecast or performance metrics.
- Work with Finance to support our sales forecasting and planning by creating models with data-driven insights
- Help maintain and improve the quality of our data integrity
- Deliver analyses, reports and ad-hoc requests for Sales leadership
- Review the weekly forecast and metric reports and provide analysis and actionable insights for the Sales team
- Partner with sales reps and marketing to track the lead qualification process, analyze and report on campaign performances with reporting and dashboards.
- Support sales quota reporting spiff programs by updating performance, reporting, and communications to participants to drive success.
- Enhance sales productivity by enabling the team to work smarter by simplifying processes, evaluating tools as well as Identifying and eliminating sales process bottlenecks and inconsistencies.
- Assist with CRM administration and opportunity prioritization.
- 3+ years of relevant sales ops and analytical experience
- 3+ years of experience working with CRM. Admin experience is a plus
- Experience in strategy and operations, consulting, or a high-growth startup is a plus
- Proven track record of advanced data analysis and modeling skills, leading cross-functional initiatives and succeeding in a complex and fast moving environment
- Excellent analytical thinker who can deliver actionable recommendations
- Ability to manage priorities and deliverables under tight timeframes
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and decision making skills
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Advanced Excel Skills
- SQL experience is a plus
- Strong writing/editing/proofreading skillsBenefits