Better Place Forests is completely redesigning the end-of-life experience, bringing fresh thinking and a much-needed focus on customer experience to the stale, fragmented and unfriendly end-of-life industry. As part of this effort, we’re building America’s first conservation spreading forests for families and individuals who choose cremation, offering a sustainable alternative to costly traditional burial while tackling a market opportunity >$600B in the U.S. alone.
80% of the 75M baby boomers in the U.S. are choosing cremation but do not have a beautiful, private and permanently-protected place to return their ashes to the earth. Instead of graves and tombstones, Better Place Forests incorporates ashes into the base of beautiful trees in the most iconic locations in North America. Every customer who chooses a tree helps to protect and preserve that forest forever. Through our Impact Tree program, we also plant additional trees to help with reforestation efforts.
With thousands of customers and rapid growth, Better Place Forests is creating a movement that is removing the stigma around end-of-life planning. We’re backed by the investors behind Tesla, Peloton, SpaceX and Blue Bottle and we’ve received national coverage in publications such as The New York Times, Fast Company and Business Insider. To learn more about Better Place Forests, visitwww.betterplaceforests.com.
“In a time when conservation is becoming increasingly urgent, it’s rather poetic to protect a tree with your remains, secure in the knowledge that more are being planted in your honor.” - Fast Company
“Tree burial is good for the environment, the location is more beautiful than a traditional graveyard — and it’s cheaper as well.” - The New York Times
This role in a nutshell:
The Manager of Sales Development will lead a team of Sales Development Representatives to qualify inbound leads from marketing, social media, and phone, to generate quality opportunities for our Account Executive team. This position's primary responsibility will be to provide continuous coaching, team leadership, and reporting to the Director of Sales to ensure the quantity and quality of sales leads worked by the team is in align with Better Place Forests goals.
This person will also work closely with Marketing and other cross-functional departments to ensure accurate reporting and efficient processes. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required to identify the business needs of prospects to translate into opportunities across the Better Place Forests product portfolio.
- Engage your team with inbound prospects to identify the business needs and translate those into opportunities for Account Executives based on the best fit solutions.
- Ensure leads are adequately qualified to insure a high probability of a sale ultimately measured on business closed as a result of leads generated.
- Refine processes, measure performance, determine what’s working and what isn’t, and help to refine our lead management and sales processes. You will provide feedback to the sales and marketing teams to help ensure we’re reaching the right prospective customers.
- Become a product expert. Learn our product inside and out and be able to articulate the features, benefits and most importantly the value to our prospects.
- Educate your team to promote and position the strategic & tactical values of product stack offerings
- Task team to transfer opportunity knowledge to Account Executives with an agreed upon cadence
- Follow up with Account Manager Team for alignment on quality and quantity of passed leads.
- Direct team to research, qualify, manage and track leads and related sales activities in Hubspot
- Develop internal positive working relationships with marketing, sales reps, and other cross-functional leaders.
- Be team oriented and managerial style geared toward preparing SDRs for advancement.
- Communicate regularly with Sales Leadership to coordinate on needed resources that align with pipeline lead management.
- Ability to sometimes travel, no more than 20% of the time.
- 2+ years experience managing sales prospecting/qualification teams
- Proven track record of successfully converting marketing generated leads and campaigns cost effectively with clear ROI focused metrics. Experience with multi-touch attribution a plus.
- Solid understanding of Demand generation programs and lead lifecycles
- A metrics-driven and results-oriented approach with demonstrated analytical skills
- Able to create lead conversion projections, calculate, and track key sales/marketing metrics
- Thrive managing multiple assignments with competing priorities and time bound deadlines.
- Experience leading the implementation and ongoing management of a marketing automation platform- Marketo or Pardot a plus.
- A team player and self-starter that is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, taking initiative with limited resources, and making data-driven and decisions.
- Experience in startups and/or education technology a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.