Better Place Forests is completely redesigning the end-of-life experience, bringing fresh thinking and a much-needed focus on customer experience to the stale, fragmented and unfriendly end-of-life industry. As part of this effort, we’re building America’s first conservation spreading forests for families and individuals who choose cremation, offering a sustainable alternative to costly traditional burial while tackling a market opportunity >$600B in the U.S. alone.
80% of the 75M baby boomers in the U.S. are choosing cremation but do not have a beautiful, private and permanently-protected place to return their ashes to the earth. Instead of graves and tombstones, Better Place Forests incorporates ashes into the base of beautiful trees in the most iconic locations in North America. Every customer who chooses a tree helps to protect and preserve that forest forever. Through our Impact Tree program, we also plant additional trees to help with reforestation efforts.
With thousands of customers and rapid growth, Better Place Forests is creating a movement that is removing the stigma around end-of-life planning. We’re backed by the investors behind Tesla, Peloton, SpaceX and Blue Bottle and we’ve received national coverage in publications such as The New York Times, Fast Company and Business Insider. To learn more about Better Place Forests, visitwww.betterplaceforests.com.
“In a time when conservation is becoming increasingly urgent, it’s rather poetic to protect a tree with your remains, secure in the knowledge that more are being planted in your honor.” - Fast Company
“Tree burial is good for the environment, the location is more beautiful than a traditional graveyard — and it’s cheaper as well.” - The New York Times
This role in a Nutshell:
We’re looking for an experienced content strategist to speak to our customers. In this critical role, you will own the written work and strengthen our messaging across all of our channels.
This role is a real opportunity to drive leadership topics that will touch every person in the country.
You are ready to design and execute the content development process, including the research, writing, and editing of long, medium, and short content. This role also commands the strategy and deployment of the entire content calendar and strategy. Your work will range from strategizing and executing a long-term content strategy, to SEO, blog posts, and physical collateral.
This is a highly cross-functional, and you will work closely with the growth CRM lead to get your content delivered to the right people through the right channels at the right time.
You are passionate about communicating with and helping real people. You know that success at a startup requires you to uphold a high-quality bar, obsess over the details, and be able to take a solution from idea to implementation on your own.
Technical SEO can be outsourced, but you know SEO strategy, and will own the research, implementation, and results of the company’s search rankings. You will oversee and manage any outsourced SEO efforts.
You’ll be on the growth team, which means measurement and testing will be a big part of your job. You know the metrics that matter and how to systematically move the needle on these metrics.
This role reports directly to the VP of Growth at Better Place Forests.
This is your opportunity to transform how people approach one of the hardest decisions they will make. If you’re passionate about our mission, join us!
On a day-to-day, you will:
- Own strategy, voice, writing, and editing of content across all channels
- Create and manage the entire content calendar and writing strategy
- Analyze and communicate results, including key performance metrics on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Manage content testing and apply learnings to future campaigns to improve outcomes
- Own SEO metrics and organic traffic metrics
- Run all social media calendaring and publishing
- Strategize and create written content for various channel initiatives, including product launches, seasonal promotions, publishing content, and customer acquisition efforts
- Think outside the box to deliver effective messaging to our prospects in coordination with the growth CRM lead
- Own strategy and execution of outsourced writers as needed
Your background and skills - you have:
- 3+ years proven track record with strategic creation of multi-channel content marketing campaigns
- Demonstrated excellent writing and editing skills with a strong sense of voice
- Strong opinions about content, calendaring, and communication strategy and best practices
- Ability and desire to execute plans with little to no oversight
- A proven track record of working in a fast-growing and fast-moving company, able to create process and vision, rather than manage to what has already been defined
- Familiarity with publishing across multiple channels and marketing automation software, ideally Hubspot
If you are intrigued, please apply now!
Our work environment is highly collaborative and transparent - we believe in centralized data and decentralized decision making. We maintain high standards for our own and each other’s work and are all deeply committed to the mission - while having fun in the process.
If this sounds like you, please send along an up to date resume and/or LinkedIn profile.