Better Place Forests is completely redesigning the end-of-life experience, bringing fresh thinking and a much-needed focus on customer experience to the stale, fragmented and unfriendly end-of-life industry. As part of this effort, we’re building America’s first conservation spreading forests for families and individuals who choose cremation, offering a sustainable alternative to costly traditional burial while tackling a market opportunity >$600B in the U.S. alone.
80% of the 75M baby boomers in the U.S. are choosing cremation but do not have a beautiful, private and permanently-protected place to return their ashes to the earth. Instead of graves and tombstones, Better Place Forests incorporates ashes into the base of beautiful trees in the most iconic locations in North America. Every customer who chooses a tree helps to protect and preserve that forest forever. Through our Impact Tree program, we also plant additional trees to help with reforestation efforts.
With thousands of customers and rapid growth, Better Place Forests is creating a movement that is removing the stigma around end-of-life planning. We’re backed by the investors behind Tesla, Peloton, SpaceX and Blue Bottle and we’ve received national coverage in publications such as The New York Times, Fast Company and Business Insider. To learn more about Better Place Forests, visit www.betterplaceforests.com.
“In a time when conservation is becoming increasingly urgent, it’s rather poetic to protect a tree with your remains, secure in the knowledge that more are being planted in your honor.” - Fast Company
“Tree burial is good for the environment, the location is more beautiful than a traditional graveyard — and it’s cheaper as well.” - The New York Times
This role in a Nutshell:
You’re a growth marketer who wants to own the middle of the funnel. For us, this means email marketing, retargeting and overall CRO. You want to be THE person leading strategy across the CRM and beyond.
You’ll own strategy and execution around campaign and automated email marketing. You’ll also work collaboratively with the Growth team on devising retargeting and offline nurture strategies that work hand-in-hand with your email marketing campaigns.
You’re excited to learn about our customers, brand, and business to quickly take over emails to our existing prospect and customer lists. Then you’ll take on rebuilding our segmentation and automated email marketing drip campaigns.
You’ll be on the growth team, which means measurement will be a big part of your job. You know how to write informative and converting email copy. You’re also well-versed in reporting metrics for email and will own all email conversion- and deliverability- related metrics. As a critical touch point for customer acquisition, you will also be a pivotal contributor to the revenue attribution and marketing tech stack discussion.
This role reports directly to the VP of Growth at Better Place Forests.
On a day-to-day, you will:
- Lay the foundation for a scalable, versatile email marketing platform to drive education and customer acquisition.
- Own strategy, copywriting and delivery of all marketing-related broadcast and drip email campaigns
- Own the email calendar, reporting, testing strategy, and operational details, ensuring accuracy in all aspects of execution
- Analyze and communicate results, including key performance metrics on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis. Apply learnings to future campaigns to improve outcomes
- Identify and implement new tests and tactics, innovating and continually seeking to drive improved results
- Manage various channel initiatives including product launches, seasonal promotions, publishing content, and customer acquisition efforts.
Your background and skills - you have:
- 3+ years proven track record with strategic creation and execution of broadcast and drip email campaigns
- Excellent copywriting skills with an empathetic tone, appropriate for our market demographic
- Strong opinions about email best practices and how to execute them with little to no oversight
- A proven track record of working in a fast-growing and fast-moving company, able to create process and vision, rather than manage to what has already been defined
- Familiarity with marketing automation software, ideally Hubspot
Why Join Us:
Better Place Forests is an opportunity to do meaningful, innovative work. Our customers love us, our incredible team is growing quickly, and we have a clear mission about how to execute over the next five years. Now that we have clear product-market fit, it's about growing as quickly and responsibly as possible to provide our services to the entire country.
Our work environment is highly collaborative and transparent - we believe in centralized data and decentralized decision making. We maintain high standards for our own and each other’s work and are all deeply committed to the mission - while having fun in the process.
Better Place Forests Company Culture Highlights:
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Culture 2019
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company for Women 2019
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best CEO 2019
- Better Place Forests is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Office Culture on Comparably.
- Operations Department is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Leadership on Comparably.
Check out our A+ Culture Score and Employee Ratings on Comparably: https://www.comparably.com/companies/better-place-forests
Employee Perks & Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Health FSA, Employee Dependent Care FSA
- Unlimited PTO
- Work from home policy
- Stocked kitchen
- Team outings
If you are intrigued, please apply now!