At Better Place Forests, our mission is to help every person write a better ending to their story by providing their family with a protected place to spread their ashes at the end of their life.
To fulfill this mission, we create beautiful conservation areas within local communities to permanently protect their forests, open spaces and wilderness habitat. Our customers are able to contribute to land conservation by purchasing a tree dedication, and we work with local land trusts to ensure that our forests will be protected forever and never redeveloped.
We do this because we believe that stories matter. They are how we remember the people we love when they’ve passed on. They are how we inspire our children and grandchildren. They are what give us comfort in hard times and tell us that we are part of something greater than ourselves. When you remember the life of someone that you loved, despite all of the thousands of moments you may have spent with them, you will always remember three: their death, their funeral and the moment they were laid in their final resting place. We are here to bring beauty and grace to those moments.
This role in a nutshell:
As a company, we are extremely excited to be gearing up for a press launch and a series B raise. We have incredibly strong demand for our product and we desire to serve our customers as happily and efficiently as possible as we fuel our next stage of explosive growth.
As such, we're looking to hire a skilled Product Designer to help us design and perfect our new digital product offerings.
Our senior designer will be responsible for designing a robust platform that enables customers to fully plan their final chapter. This includes an e-commerce purchase experience, planning tools, document access control plus a variety of internal tools that power our sales, forest steward, and operations teams. It will involve taking best practices from consumer and enterprise and applying them to an industry that’s traditionally been underserved by technology. You'll have the opportunity to instill design principles and best practices that will be used by the company as it scales.
Some essential roles and responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the design of all of our new product offerings such as; digital portraits, online forest tours, an online tree selection, our purchasing experience, etc.
- Building all in house tools for our internal teams (e.g. sales, marketing, forest stewards, etc.)
- Owning all aspects of UX/UI with high intention around usability and functionality
- Spearheading multi departmental collaboration and adherence to Visual Design and Brand guidelines
- Presenting design work to multiple teams and stakeholders
- 5+ years of experience in product design, ideally bringing a SaaS background and experience working for B2C companies, as well as a strong portfolio of your work
- Experience at a high growth start up is highly preferred, as is exposure to e-commerce platforms and checkout flows
- Familiarization with modern web design and at least a comfortability with development tools and techniques such as Sketch
- Experience with user research and testing methodologies
Example success metrics:
- Increase % of revenue via online sales
- Creation of new products and enhancement of existing products
- Seamless coordination amongst internal teams
- Creation of a beautiful self serve model for customers to choose trees online
- High customer engagement and NPS scores