About the right team member:
You are a talented and focused product leader. You have a proven track record of financial or technical product delivery, and take pride in leading the end to end product management efforts for your product lines. You will own all aspects of our Broker-Dealer product, including the consumer experience around transfers, automated cash flows, securities trading, and reconciliation. You believe in experimenting - build, fail fast, learn quickly and iterate - pushing the boundaries throughout the process.
You are a natural collaborator who enjoys building a team, along with partnering with cross functional stakeholders. You can roll up your sleeves and explain complex requirements to engineers or designers, then dive into analysis while zooming out to focus on the product strategy and roadmap.
You lead with openness, trust, and a strong focus on people development. You rapidly build rapport with new people and teams and are respected by peers as a strong and honest partner. You have extensive knowledge and experience in the Financial industry and are passionate about building a business that will change the space forever.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Harmonize ideas on strategy, planning and execution for our Broker-Dealer products. This includes brand new initiatives, enhancements and maintenance for existing features
- Take ownership and accountability in defining detailed product requirements, ensuring that through market research and engaging with customers, prospects and partners we are always identifying new market needs and opportunities
- Join a cross-functional leadership team comprising product, design, engineering, investing, and marketing. This team drives our business strategy, oversees the product roadmap, and is accountable for the ultimate success of the business
- Build highly available custody and trading systems to be used across the Betterment experience
- Partner closely with our client facing teams within Betterment to deeply understand and address our customers' needs
- Prioritize long-term risk and scale projects alongside near-term development efforts
- Partner with our investing, design, engineering and marketing teams to craft and launch easy-to-use features that solve customer problems and evaluate product success
- Create a data driven culture through a deep understanding of the competitive landscape through analysis, user research, and experimentation
- Report to our VP of Product and provide leadership and mentorship to both your team's members and your peers, including 2-3 direct reports
You will be effective if you have:
- 7+ years of product management experience in Financial Services, ideally 4+ years in product leadership
- 2+ years of managerial experience with experience building and leading high-performing teams (ideally managing other Product Managers)
- Demonstrated success at partnering, prioritizing and balancing needs cross-functionally
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with a passion for data-driven decision making
- Demonstrated success as a values-based leader who can build and maintain a culture of empowerment, ownership and accountability
- Strong communication, collaboration, and influence skills; able to drive focus in complex and dynamic contexts
- Functional knowledge of the competitive landscape
Bonus points if you have:
- Familiarity with delivering innovative technology products/services in a high-growth environment
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $11 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 300,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.