About the right team member:
Betterment’s FP&A team improves strategic and financial decision-making across the company. We maintain the company's operating model, partner across the organization to provide forward-looking analysis to support business decisions, and analyze capital allocation decisions. In this role, you will join our tight-knit finance team and work directly with our Head of FP&A.
We’re looking for someone who is thrives in an environment where they will wear multiple hats – financial model expert, internal consultant and business strategist. You see the big picture, but always sweat the small stuff. You plan and project for the future, but keep your cool when the conditions change. You’re guided by metrics, and value partnering with key organizations throughout the company. Business partners appreciate your data-driven insights to help make decisions and navigate challenges; you are a trusted advisor. You’re eager to flex your skills at a dynamic growth stage company where no two days are the same.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Work with the rest of the FP&A team to own our long-term financial model and all budget and forecasting processes
- Build, maintain, and improve reports to measure and track results against expectations
- Collaborate with teams across Betterment in managing their spending budgets, including budget vs. actual analyses, headcount reporting, and special projects
- Understand and communicate financial results and trends to management, and recommend appropriate course of action when results vary from forecast
- Work cross functionally to ensure accurate reporting on all financial metrics and OKRs
- Define frameworks for how we evaluate investments and resource allocation decisions
- Develop financial models and analyses to support new strategic initiatives
- Assist in preparing materials for the CFO, including board decks, investor materials, and other executive updates
You will be effective if you have:
- 4-6 years of experience with budgeting / planning, financial modeling, and decision analytics (e.g. FP&A, corporate finance, investment banking, private equity)
- Passion for rolling up your sleeves, building complex models in Excel and other planning applications
- Ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations
- Strong strategic and business decision-making abilities
- The highest standards of accuracy and are highly organized
- Ability to work across disciplines to generate new processes and/or resolve issues
Bonus points if you have:
- Prior experience in a growth stage venture-funded company
- MBA, CPA, or CFA preferred
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $12 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 300,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.