About the right team member:
You have a proven track record of product delivery as a product manager and are passionate about growing the Betterment customer base, developing an easy and streamlined signup and onboarding experience and creating strategies to engage mobile customers. You are analytical by nature and experienced in iterating your way to the best customer experience.
You are an expert communicator: someone who can explain complex requirements to engineers, and, in the next moment, work to define the product strategy and roadmap. It’s a good day when you get to write some requirements, whiteboard with design, investigate a conversion funnel, or strategize a launch with marketing.
At Betterment you will:
- Own and manage all aspects of a product area at Betterment, including brand new initiatives, enhancements and maintenance for existing features
- Define, prioritize, and communicate a forward-looking vision to drive customer signups and key metrics in the early stages of the customer lifecycle
- Manage and define detailed product requirements, ensuring that the product meets customers needs, growth goals and adoption targets
- Partner with the engineering and data teams to design well thought out tests which creatively optimize the funnel or help understand which version of a feature delivers the best outcome
- Develop a deep understanding of the competitive environment, our customers, and key product metrics that help determine the right set of features to drive engagement and usage
- Partner with our investing, design, engineering, and marketing teams to craft and launch beautiful, easy-to-use features that solve customer problems and evaluate product success
You will be effective if you have:
- 3+ years of product management experience for a web or mobile product, ideally focused on customer acquisition and onboarding for a high growth company
- Experience and comfort working with data and leveraging data to help drive decisions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Great organizational skills, extra attention to detail
- Proven track record of success in launching and iterating consumer products
- Strong balance of both analytical and creative thinking
- Passion for creating delightful customer experiences
- Ability to learn quickly
- Interest in working in a fast-paced, startup environment
Betterment is the largest independent robo-advisor, helping people to better manage, protect, and grow their wealth through smarter technology. With more than 220,000 customers and over $7.8 billion in assets under management, the service offers a globally diversified portfolio of ETFs, designed to help provide you with the best possible expected returns for retirement planning, building wealth, and other savings goals. Betterment also helps customers get on track for a comfortable retirement with RetireGuide™, a retirement planning tool that lets people know how much they should save and if they are investing correctly.
Betterment is a CNBC Disruptor 50 and Webby award winner, and it has been featured in the New York Times, Forbes, and the Wall Street Journal. Betterment helps people to achieve a smarter financial future with minimal effort and for a fraction of the cost of traditional financial services. Learn more here.