About the right team member:
The Corporate Development team is at the heart of all things Betterment, turning new opportunities into a reality to better serve the financial needs of America. On our team, you will build trusted relationships with our brand, retail, product, tech, and customer experience teams to help. You enjoy identifying new opportunities in the market and find true satisfaction leading the entire process from strategy and ideation through execution and integration. You will have proven success understanding partner needs, then crafting, positioning and customizing solutions, and finally negotiating and closing deals. By nature, you are proactive, driven and resilient. You’re excited to be a Betterment evangelist, and you are looking for a role that will empower you to make substantial and immediate impacts on our future.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Lead the process of identifying, sourcing, due diligence, deal negotiations and integration for all corporate strategic initiatives
- Develop a deep understanding of the competitive landscape and industry offerings and provide thoughtful and insightful findings to our teams
- Create business cases and partner with FP&A to prepare valuation models for partnerships or M&A activity
- Build strong internal relationships with engineering, product, finance, legal and other teams, and provide support to all elements of work as it relates to diligence work and integration
- Structure partnerships and prepare proposals, memorandums of understanding, and contracts
- Identify and solve complex operational issues, often unique to each deal
- Maintain a comprehensive database of prospective partners across multiple areas of interest, nurturing relationships and building a robust network along the way
- Measure and report on effectiveness of partnerships and/or M&A post transaction
You will be effective if you have:
- 6+ years of relevant experience: leading corporate development in fintech, and/or experience serving the financial services industry at a investment bank or management consulting firm
- Experience executing successful M&A and partnerships from ideation to completion
- Deep understanding of the financial services industry and potential partners across industries
- Experience preparing industry analyses and presentations, and presented to senior management
- A robust network of relationships in financial services
- Driven change at the senior management level -- both internally and with external partners
- Demonstrated success at partnering, prioritizing and balancing needs cross-functionally
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to email@example.com
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 500,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.