About the right team member:
We’re looking for a talented creative project coordinator with experience across a variety of agency project types including branding and strategy, content production, digital design and development.
About you: You are a process-minded individual with a passion for organizing, communicating and simplifying. You thrive in a creative environment even though you don’t consider yourself a “creative” person. (Even though, of course you are.) You are expertly organized and never hesitate to reach out to your teammates to say, “Hey, any roadblocks I can help remove?” You not only recognize opportunities for streamlining and simplifying workstreams—you seek them out. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and love being a primary point of contact. You are a master at never letting the pursuit of perfection stand in the way of something great.
About this role: Your primary responsibility is to manage marketing project timelines, from kick-off to final delivery. You will be the ambassador for cross-functional communication, including working with business owners to determine project prioritization, scheduling, tracking deliverables, gathering feedback, managing expectations, and facilitating the delivery of completed materials. You will be responsible for understanding the objectives of each project, ensuring that directions and creative insight have been properly communicated and acted upon.
Very importantly—although your primary objective will be managing work streams, as a member of our creative team you will work as a tireless ambassador for excellent creative work. You have an eye for great marketing and design and you’re excited to be a part of bringing it to life.
This is a freelance, four month onsite role located in our HQ in NYC
At Betterment you will get to:
- Execute against several work-streams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment to help our creative team deliver strategically sound, conceptually based projects
- Have a direct impact on streamlining and defining our creative process
- Be an integral part of our internal creative team and the glue between our larger marketing organization.
- Be asked for your genuine opinions on process-improvement (not just dictated to)
You will be effective if you have:
- 3+ years experience in a marketing-specific, design-related field at a design agency or in-house team
- An ability to read minds. (Only sort of joking.) Communication will be your number-one skill, which will often require translating requests into something the creative team can use
- A sense of project scope and how long a creative project will take to complete
- The ability to own a sizeable part of a project without much oversight and ability to adapt to changes in direction
Bonus points if you have:
- Proficiency in project management platforms (i.e. Asana)
- An ability to speak multiple languages—design, business and marketing
- Experience with social media
- Experience with financial services and familiarity with the importance of partnering with our compliance team during the creative process (or another highly regulated industry)
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $20 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 480,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.