About the right team member:
You’re excited about a career in data-driven digital marketing with a fast-growing company. You have a passion for creating a great customer experience through email, push and other marketing channels. You have a tendency to sign up for email subscriptions despite your overflowing inbox simply because you don’t want to miss a great email campaign. You love to learn, are always curious, and have an extreme eye for detail. You are resourceful and have a track record of getting stuff done.
As part of a team, you’ll work with the highest engagement marketing channel. You will build drip email and push marketing campaigns and product communications across our retail and 401(k) business. You will work closely with various teams to set up and monitor segmented and personalized email communication with our 400,000+ customers.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Support and maintain customer-centric campaigns across the entire customer lifecycle, including lead nurture, onboarding, and retention
- Collaborate with marketing managers, copywriters, and designers to create new emails explaining the Betterment product
- Iterate on existing emails to test different messaging
- Explore and implement new strategies for customer retention through email and push
- Own and execute email & push campaigns
- Set up A/B tests for new email & push campaigns to determine incremental lift
- Build targeted, personalized drip campaigns on our CRM platform
- Perform rigorous quality assurance testing and proofing to ensure there are no errors
- Monitor the system daily and fix problems as they crop up, occasionally working with engineering teams to solve these problems
You will be effective if you have:
- 1-3+ years of experience in a marketing role (preferably in retention)
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- An ability to think creatively about how to approach problems
- An understanding of the customer voice and customer needs
- Experience collaborating well with other teams, including internal departments and third-party vendors
- Willingness to learn how to use new tools and develop new skills as needed
- Prior experience working with an ESP (e.g. ExactTarget, MailChimp, SendGrid, or other)
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working with HTML and CSS in email
- SQL skills
- Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets skills (vlookup and pivot tables!)
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $16 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 400,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.