About the right team member:
You dream in newsfeed format and get psyched about new ways to introduce people to technologies that can help them live better. You’re curious, creative, and a data driven thinker: testing and learning is in your marketing DNA. You have a growth hacker mentality and can own and lead an end-to-end strategy to drive new customer growth, from creative development to media buying. You’re a self-starter and a team player, able to rally colleagues around ideas while quickly pivoting as business needs evolve. And while you think and act like a performance marketer, you understand the value of building awareness and consideration.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Run Betterment’s in-house paid social programs across platforms and products to scale quickly and efficiently against ambitious growth goals. Build and manage campaigns end to end, from trafficking to bid optimizations to reporting.
- Launch and scale new paid social channels and tactics to unlock new customer growth.
- Embody our test and learn mentality by developing tests and iterating on learnings across platforms, creative formats, messaging, audiences.
- Provide a strategic point of view on creative formats, including best practices for different channels and tactics. Partner with our brand team and external creative agencies to brief and develop creative assets, including link posts, gifs, and video.
- Research and evaluate vendors and partners for consideration, using relevant data to support recommendations.
- Stay on top of the always changing paid social ecosystem including advertising formats, channels and technologies to improve campaign performance.
You’ll be effective if you have:
- 3-5 years of direct paid social management and 5+ years of total work experience in a data-driven digital marketing role at a fast-paced workplace (brand or agency).
- Direct hands-on experience with Facebook Ads Manager/Power Editor, Twitter Ads.
- Knowledgeable about different forms of attribution and how to apply them to cross-channel optimization and testing.
- Robust understanding of quantitative concepts around driving performance (e.g. deploying lookalike or response models) and measuring performance (e.g. last click vs. multi-touch attribution models, holdout controls, statistical significance).
- Self-starter approach to work, with drive to consistently exceed objectives and take on more responsibility.
- Passion for disrupting an industry and being part of a team directly responsible for building the customer base.
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $16 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 400,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.