About the right team member:
You are a talented and focused product leader. You will own our prospective customer product journey, particularly on mobile, including our discovery experience, sign up funnels, first funding flows, and marketing platforms. Betterment’s mission is to empower people to do what’s best for their money so that they can live better, and you’ll be responsible for bringing that to our potential customers and making a connection with them that puts them on a path to financial success.
You are a natural collaborator who makes things happen by knowing how, and when, to engage teams in the pursuit of success. You love to roll up your sleeves and explain complex requirements to engineers, data analysts, and designers, and can also easily zoom out to focus on product strategy and roadmap with your business stakeholders. You are analytical by nature, experienced in A/B testing, and believe in iterating your way to breakthrough customer experiences.
You lead with openness, trust, and focus. You rapidly build rapport with people and teams and are respected by peers as a strong and honest partner. You have a working knowledge of growth fundamentals and are passionate about building a customer-centric business that will change the space forever.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Drive strategy, planning, and execution for customer growth initiatives, particularly on mobile. This includes new efforts, enhancements, and maintenance of existing features.
- Develop a point of view on how customer growth tactics on Betterment’s mobile apps can, and should, differ from those on mobile and desktop web.
- Build experiences, in partnership with product analytics, design, and engineering teams, that effectively grow Betterment’s funded customer base.
- Collaborate with growth marketing to ensure seamlessness between a prospective customer’s on- and off-product experiences.
- Obsess over the health of your product; develop a deep level of user empathy through product data, competitive analysis, user research, and experimentation.
- Have a direct impact on key business results every day.
You will be effective if you have:
- 6+ years of product management experience in a consumer technology company, ideally in a growth role.
- Proven success launching game-changing user experiences in a mobile app.
- Experience driving conversion for a highly considered product or service; one that requires a compelling brand story, a detailed understanding of the customer journey, and a deep empathy for the user.
- A passion for A/B testing, funnel optimization, and all things relating to the growth of a highly considered product.
- Demonstrated success at communicating, prioritizing, and balancing needs cross-functionally.
- Experience collaborating with marketing to drive customer growth.
- Strong analytical abilities with a passion for data-driven decision making.
- Experience as a values-based leader who can build and maintain a culture of empowerment, ownership, and accountability.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working closely with data science and/or engineering teams.
- A solid understanding of investing and financial advisory products.
- Influence over paid media channels and a track record of optimizing associated experiences.
- Experience working in a regulated environment.
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $16 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 400,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.