About the right team member
You love exceeding client expectations, have strong attention to detail, and know what it means to champion a brand. You are the voice of the company for clients, and relish providing them with that “wow” moment in an area where they haven’t previously been happy. You understand what it’s like to be a client and to go further to solve client problems. You are a strong communicator including phone, email, and in-person meetings. Organization comes naturally to you. You are entrepreneurial and can demonstrate quick thinking and creative problem-solving. You dream up ways to change and improve the way Americans save money for their retirement.
As the Senior Relationship Manager, you’ll be reporting into the Head of Sales for Betterment for Business and acting as the primary point of contact between Betterment and it’s defined contribution clients. In this “player/coach” role, you will act as team leader coaching and developing a group of world-class relationship managers who are critical to the success of our line of business. This is a new and growing team, with big ambitions to drive major change in the plan sponsor market.
At Betterment, you’ll get to:
- Lead and guide overall client on-boarding implementation plans to ensure 100% happiness.
- Strive for same day responses to inbound requests (not to exceed next business day) and be held accountable for efficient resolution and timely follow up.
- Lead by example with strategic and difficult relationship management situations and provide proactive and continuous coaching on the use of consultative questions to gain intimate customer knowledge of workflow integration, problem resolutions and ROI indicators and results.
- Work with the Head of Sales continually assesses the team’s skill set and develop group and individual training programs to strengthen intellectual capital.
- High-performance time, relationship management and “in the trenches coaching” for the entire Relationship Management team
- Partner daily with various internal teams to collaborate on the resolution of complex customer problems and issues
- Build account plans to assist plan sponsor in achieving 100% plan participation rate and actively support these efforts.
- Act as a trusted dedicated member with your account representative to communicate changes in client business drives, key contacts, and client happiness indicators.
- Actively seek referral generation to assist the team in driving new client acquisition.
- Assist sales and product management teams in the development of client and industry profiles.
You’ll be effective if you have:
- 10+ years of experience of relationship management overseeing Defined Contribution plans
- Previous experience managing or leading teams of Relationship Managers
- Exemplary organization ability and time management skills
- Premier client service, presentation and consultation account skills.
- Shown excellence in client retention, account share revenue growth, and high NPS scores
- Prior experience implementing and leading SLA servicing framework
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Salesforce, GSuite, Microsoft office
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $15 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 380,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.