About the right team member:
Do you derive joy from writing the perfect headline, ad, poem, blog post, thank you note, TV script, Pulitzer Prize-winning novel? Will you fight for the verb of your choice, yet know when good is good enough? Do you have an opinion on the Oxford comma (whether you love it or hate it)? If so, then we should talk.
Because you see what others often can't: that great creative exists simply where great creative is made. You know you can write great creative, even in a regulated space. Especially in a regulated space. You're not just up for that challenge, you're inspired by it.
You want to reach people with a product they'll use for the most important things in their lives—some for their entire lives. You see financial services, and you see an industry in desperate need of a values-based company. You're excited to bring that message to the world. You're ready, and we're ready for you.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Bring our business to life with words. We're looking for someone to be the voice of our B2B business lines, helping build brand trust and confidence through web copy, email, social, ads, and more. You'll work with our CRM Team to reach all Betterment customers with content, promotions, advice, and moments of sheer delight.
- Make the mundane fun and captivating. As a robo-advisor, we strive to be even more engaging and human. You'll deliver important ideas to our customers and customers-to-be with your beautifully crafted words.
- Inspire big brand ideas. We're eager for them! You'll brainstorm, concept, and develop creative work that builds our business and engages both our internal teams and our customers.
- Collaborate across functions. We want a writer who can partner with our Marketing, Design, Product, and Engineering Teams to launch new products and be the creative driver in the room.
- Work with people who care. We're passionate about building the most loved financial services company of a generation. You'll get to be a part of that and help shape both our product and our culture.
You will be effective if you have:
- 3 to 5 years of copywriting experience (in-house or agency) across email, web, ads, product, and other digital marketing channels.
- A stellar portfolio of work representing your voice, your ideas, and your abilities (even if it's not necessarily what your client signed off on).
- The creativity, curiosity, and drive to make engaging and effective work—from individual Instagram posts to major campaigns.
- The ability to explain complex concepts in a brief, intuitive way that also adheres to voice and brand.
- An appreciation of how design and copy are part of the same consumer experience.
- The deep desire to build something new, and to be resourceful in doing so.
- Strong writing, grammatical, and communication skills.
- Acute attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience creating beautiful work in a regulated environment.
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $15 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 380,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.