About the right team member:
You are a smart, self-managed mobile technologist who knows how to take an idea and turn it into something real in an interactive consumer-facing environment. You believe mobile apps are the future, and want to go above and beyond to make everyone’s pockets delightful and productive. You are frustrated with financial products and know you can build a better customer experience.
You possess the supernatural ability to be both technical and creative, while acting as a guiding light for what customers want/need (even if they don’t know it yet). As the voice of the customer you can deliver a complex product that appears simple and intuitive to a non-technical audience.
You are a strong communicator, mobile advocate and educator, but most of all love working with a high-caliber team. You’ll work with engineers and designers to define product release requirements, and with marketing to define go-to-market strategies.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Own and lead all aspects of the mobile product lifecycle and user experience.
- Create a mobile roadmap with a future-looking vision, and communicate that across the product team and company.
- Build mobile-specific features utilizing all the integrated tools, sensors, and apps available on the platform.
- Provide a framework for future mobile feature development.
- Partner with product design on a visual language and direction for mobile.
- Lead the QA process across our platforms.
- Develop a deep understanding of the competitive landscape through analysis, user research, and site testing.
- Develop mockup interaction designs, including user interaction models, wireframes, screen flows, and dialog copy.
- Analyze and present data and metrics to back up assumptions and feature concepts.
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and other opportunities.
You will be effective if you have:
- 2-4 years of product management experience in web-based or mobile businesses.
- 2+ years working in the mobile space on a complex platform.
- A track record of using customer insights to drive product innovation.
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities with a passion for data-driven decision making.
- Experience in AB testing, funnel optimization, and all things relating to the growth of key product metrics.
- Demonstrated success at partnering, prioritizing and balancing needs cross-functionally.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Empathy, emotional intelligence, and a love of feedback.
- Extra attention to detail.
- Ability to learn quickly.
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $15 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 380,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.