About the right team member:
You have a proven track record of feature delivery as a Product Manager and are passionate about building experiences that customers love. You care about making money management better, and are familiar with investing fundamentals. You are innovative, able to craft a vision, define products, and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Your team will be improving the Betterment Customer experience with a focus on money transfer flows and investment management tools. Your objective will be to drive the business forward by making these experiences as delightful and intuitive as possible.
You are an expert communicator, someone who can explain complex requirements to engineers and in the next moment sell your product vision to the executive team. You are analytical by nature and experienced in utilizing A/B testing to iterate your way to the best customer experience. It’s a good day when you get to talk to a customer, whiteboard with design, and investigate a conversion funnel.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Lead a product that is changing an industry and improving financial outcomes for hundreds of thousands of customers.
- Own and lead all aspects of Betterment’s cash transfer and investment management experiences, the features our customers engage with most. This includes brand new initiatives, enhancements and maintenance of existing features.
- Build trusted relationships with our design, engineering, marketing, and other teams to craft and launch beautiful, easy-to-use features that solve customer problems.
- Further inform product decisions through analysis, user research, and experimentation.
- Drive cross-functional decisions & alignment.
- Foster an analytical mindset to find ways to measure the success of your product and new features.
You will be effective if you have:
- 4-6 years of product management experience, ideally in consumer SaaS applications.
- A track record of using customer insights to drive product innovation.
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities with a passion for data-driven decision making.
- Experience in AB testing, funnel optimization, and all things relating to the growth of key product metrics.
- Demonstrated success at partnering, prioritizing and balancing needs cross-functionally.
- Deep curiosity.
- Empathy, emotional intelligence, and a love of feedback.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $15 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 380,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.