About the right team member:
You are a talented and driven product leader with a consistent track record of delivering high quality products and defining long term product strategies. While you appreciate the importance of maintenance and optimization, you’re also looking to create entirely new product offerings.
You know how to get the very best out of an organization. You naturally build strong cross-functional relationships, and you excel when it comes to partnering with domain experts. You understand that you win when the best ideas are surfaced, regardless of whose ideas they are. You’re passionate about our customers and crafting innovative ways to solve their problems.
You are an impactful leader who understands and appreciates the importance of openness, transparency and trust. You can roll up your sleeves and explain complex requirements to engineers or designers, zoom out to focus on the product strategy and roadmap and balance rapid decision making with analytical rigor to iterate your way to the best customer experience.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Drive the product roadmap & strategy for Cash Management Services. You’re not building features: you’re leading an expansion of Betterment’s retail product.
- Join a cross-functional leadership team that drives our business strategy, P&L, and product roadmap.
- Take ownership and accountability in defining detailed product requirements, ensuring that the product meets customers needs, growth goals and adoption targets.
- Build trusted relationships with our design, engineering, marketing, and other teams to craft and launch beautiful, easy-to-use features that solve customer problems.
- Create a forward-looking product vision for Cash Management Services to drive clarity and keep the team moving forward.
- Provide valuable input into business cases based on in-depth data analysis and demonstrate how that analysis impacts key product metrics.
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction.
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm.
You will be effective if you have:
- 7+ years of product management experience, ideally 5+ years in product leadership.
- 3+ years of managerial experience with experience building and leading high-performing Product Managers.
- Experience running focus groups & beta programs and driving product definition & pricing decisions based on data collected pre- and post-release.
- Experience scoping work and partnering with researchers, designers, and engineers to deliver complicated products in an agile environment.
- A proven track record of using data and insights to develop and launch great products.
- Demonstrated success as a values-based leader who can build and maintain a culture of empowerment, ownership, and accountability.
- Empathy, emotional intelligence, and a love of feedback.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
Bonus points if you have:
- Time spent in financial services.
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Experience working in a regulated environment.
- Experience managing directs in roles beyond product management.
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $15 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 380,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.